Barnes Group - It is a job!!!! | Glassdoor

"It is a job!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Pros

Salary, Benefits, work at home

Cons

Management, no communication between management and employees

Advice to Management

Leave us alone out in the field

Other Employee Reviews for Barnes Group

"A lousy company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

Great product selection, quick efficient shipment of orders. Very good schedule at work

Cons

I just can't believe what a nightmare working here was! It was awful. After sitting through the worst two weeks of training I have ever had in my life it went downhill from there. Manager was terrible, knew nothing, no experience, helpless. Refused to help me. My managers boss was incompetent. not a clue. Called corporate office one day needing help, spent 45 minutes on hold waiting to talk to a CSR. What does it tell you about a company that thinks it's good that people spend 45 minutes on hold to talk to a CSR?

Advice to Management

Get on a plane, spend a week making sales calls with team. LISTEN TO WHAT SALES TEAM HAS TO SAY!!!! Take action on what you learn. Do an employee survey, MANAGE FROM THE BOTTOM UP!!!!!!!! Listen to the members of your team, they can help!

2. "Very dissatisfied with promotions, commission structure and position limitations."

Current Employee - Regional Business Development Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Business Development Specialist in Dallas, TX

Pros

Product depth is large and customer base potential is unlimited. History of company is long and of good reputation.

Cons

Management is inept at managing a sales driven organization. Company is very reactive instead of proactive. Constant unsettling changes.

Advice to Management

Understand how a sales organization should be about the sales people and not about the management. Become ProActive!