Barnes & Noble College Bookstores - Good place to be working | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Barnes & Noble College Bookstores

"Good place to be working"

Pros

It fun, exciting, challenging at times to get everything done that is expected but once you learn it, it becomes much easier to handle

Cons

None that I can think of...I wish I could think of something to put in this box, but I cannot so I am out of words for cons now

Other Employee Reviews for Barnes & Noble College Bookstores

1. "Too much work for not enough pay; but I enjoyed meeting lots of new and interesting people everyday."

Pros

Great discount and access to hundreds of books and music! Great customer service as well and I love the cafe goodies.

Cons

The amount of work that is expected during your work shift in relation to the pay and having lots of under staffing makes the job very stressful. The management assigns an enormous amount of responsibility, tasks, projects, etc. with very little help due to short staffing.

Advice to Management

Increase your salary!

2. "Good company - old systems"

I have been working at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work for in Operational Finance group (Inventory Control, A/P, A/R, Sales Audit). Benefits are decent with 100% match in 401K up to 4% of your pay. Company isn't too top heavy with good organizationl structure. Culture is a little stiff but overall a good place to work.

Cons

Company uses an AS400 platform, Peoplesoft, Infor PM/Office Plus. AS400 is very antiquated and frustrating to use for data analysis. Company offers very little in way of tuition assistance (not even enough to pay for 1 class at a 4 year institution)