Barnes & Noble College Bookstores - Good place to be working | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Barnes & Noble College Bookstores

"Good place to be working"

Pros

It fun, exciting, challenging at times to get everything done that is expected but once you learn it, it becomes much easier to handle

Cons

None that I can think of...I wish I could think of something to put in this box, but I cannot so I am out of words for cons now

Other Employee Reviews for Barnes & Noble College Bookstores

1. "Too much work for not enough pay; but I enjoyed meeting lots of new and interesting people everyday."

Pros

Great discount and access to hundreds of books and music! Great customer service as well and I love the cafe goodies.

Cons

The amount of work that is expected during your work shift in relation to the pay and having lots of under staffing makes the job very stressful. The management assigns an enormous amount of responsibility, tasks, projects, etc. with very little help due to short staffing.

Advice to Management

Increase your salary!

2. "A good company to work for long term"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people from booksellers to president, Great benefits at a reasonable price. Excellent philosophy of moving talented managers/booksellers up within the company. Company cultures and values are top notch.

Cons

Pay could be better outside NYC/NJ. Following the typical retail trend of "do more with less payroll".

Advice to Management

Re-eval pay scales, Have decision makers spend a cycle in the stores- not a day, not a week, a full textbook cycle. Institute comp time for your salaried employees.