Barney & Barney - Thankful for the Experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Thankful for the Experience"

I worked at Barney & Barney full-time

Pros

Some really intelligent and inspiring women work for the company. You will gain a lot of experience, and work extremely hard.

Cons

1.) Low pay 2.) Too many distractions and pressure to be involved in company social programs 3.) Insurance benefits are sub-par 4.) Not enough women in higher paying roles 5.) Work/Life balance

Advice to Management

Depending on which team or department you land in will determine what kind of experience you have while working there. I was fortunate to have a great team. Unfortunately, there seems to be completely different cultures between departments (and some departments seem much more enjoyable than others). I did find it very unprofessional that the Human Resources Business Partner who scheduled me for an exit interview,... completely blew off my exit interview and never returned with even a phone call to reschedule.

Barney & Barney2017-11-18

Other Employee Reviews

"Love where I work"

Current Employee - Client Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Barney & Barney full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the Core values of integrity, collaboration, passion, innovation and accountability. It starts at the top and Senior Management embodies these values and they filter down. It is refreshing. I have also found Management willing to answer tough questions when asked and very supportive of good, hard working employees. I also applaud that they are willing to have tough conversations with non-performers as... well as allow flexibility to those doing all the right things but having a difficult season. I love their Women's initiative and have personally seen amazing results, especially by the employees who choose to participate and offer ideas to improve.

Cons

People leaving and speaking negatively about an organization and its leadership when they have every opportunity to have a conversation prior.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! There are many of us who support and admire all you do to make our organization a great place to work!

Barney & Barney2018-05-02

"Love where I work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Barney & Barney full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

dedicated people in leadership positions, GROW (women's initiative, global corporate support, genuine interest in diversity and inclusion, great learning culture, most of all the people-like another family!

Cons

just because there is a five word minimum here...

Advice to Management

Continue to seek feedback from your teams!

Barney & Barney2018-05-01

Discover more reviews about Barney & Barney.