Barney & Barney - Work/Life Balance | Glassdoor

"Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Communications in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Barney & Barney full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Management is very approachable and open to feedback - Most positions have a direct path for growth and for those that don't, you can generally create one - Culture is great and the people are great. I've made quite a few long term friends here. - 401K match, pretty good benefits, wellness $$ rewards towards medical expenses, 10 days vacation plus 3 sick days and 3 personal days, 10 paid holidays plus we... usually get to leave a couple hours early before a 3-day weekend - Standing desks in OC and a big emphasis on wellness overall - Work life balance is as good as it gets for hourly employees

Cons

- There are new hires all the time so it's getting harder to know as many people - Can be pretty quiet around the office

Advice to Management

Continue GROW mentorship program and the Barney & Barney Foundation. Make an effort to keep up the family culture, even when offices get bigger.

Barney & Barney2017-11-20

Other Employee Reviews

"Love where I work"

Current Employee - Client Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Barney & Barney full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the Core values of integrity, collaboration, passion, innovation and accountability. It starts at the top and Senior Management embodies these values and they filter down. It is refreshing. I have also found Management willing to answer tough questions when asked and very supportive of good, hard working employees. I also applaud that they are willing to have tough conversations with non-performers as... well as allow flexibility to those doing all the right things but having a difficult season. I love their Women's initiative and have personally seen amazing results, especially by the employees who choose to participate and offer ideas to improve.

Cons

People leaving and speaking negatively about an organization and its leadership when they have every opportunity to have a conversation prior.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! There are many of us who support and admire all you do to make our organization a great place to work!

Barney & Barney2018-05-02

"Love where I work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Barney & Barney full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

dedicated people in leadership positions, GROW (women's initiative, global corporate support, genuine interest in diversity and inclusion, great learning culture, most of all the people-like another family!

Cons

just because there is a five word minimum here...

Advice to Management

Continue to seek feedback from your teams!

Barney & Barney2018-05-01

Discover more reviews about Barney & Barney.