Barr-Nunn Transportation - This company will let you get home on a weekly basis. They will pay more if you are willing to stay out for 13-14 days. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Barr-Nunn Transportation

"This company will let you get home on a weekly basis. They will pay more if you are willing to stay out for 13-14 days."

Current Employee - Class A Cdl Truck Driver in Obetz, OH
Current Employee - Class A Cdl Truck Driver in Obetz, OH

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is on high alert about safety. They are paying for your safe driving record with 90 day bonuses. They pay extra per mile for haz-mat loads. They are paying .050 cpm for driving in Ohio and home on weekends. The trucks have really improved recently International ProStars and Freightliner Cascadias. Many new trailers added to the mix.

Cons

They don't pay for baby sitting equipment that needs repaired. They want the drivers to take the trailers to a TA or Petro for DOT inspections for free. They don't pay for motels on your 34 hour restart. The trucks don't have invertors in them. Many of the trucks don't have IPO either. They need to solve their trailer maintenance issues.

Advice to Management

I am "Ready to Roll."

Other Employee Reviews for Barr-Nunn Transportation

"if your looking for a decent trucking company to work for you may want to consider barr nunn transportation."

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Granger, IA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Granger, IA

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly people to work with.pay raises and bonuses a big + in this economy.pays detention and layover with no fuss.nice up to date equipment

Cons

electronic logs trucks are governed at 62 mph.wanna put you on probation for little picky things and quick to write you up.

Advice to Management

planners need to do a better job.

2. "Truck driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Barr-Nunn Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Barr-Nunn is a really great company to work for. They've treated me and my wife (who's not a driver) as part of the family. None of their loads are difficult. They don't ask you to do anything but what they're willing to pay you for. Detention time, which is rare due to 95% drop and hook, bonuses every 3 mo, 401k 2 cent a mile match, good blue cross insurance, premium band pay any load less than 500 mi... they pay $45 if you have to sweep a trailer. The list goes on. They don't take advantage of you and sincerely treat you like you're a proud member of the family. I've drove for almost 30 years. This is the best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Like any driver anywhere, always wish for more consistent miles. Realistically, unless you're willing to go dedicated, which I'm not--too boring-- that wish remains am unrealistic dream. Better off to figure an average. Bottom line- I grossed $73,000 last yr and $88,000 this year, none of which was pd as a "per diem"