Barton Associates - Account Manager | Glassdoor

"Account Manager"

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job began as exactly as a job for me but quickly turned into a career once I realized the opportunity here. A growing company in the healthcare industry has made for more opportunity than I could have imagined coming right out of college. Coming out of college with no experience I was worried I would not possess the skills and knowledge to compete in a sales environment but Barton has provided me with the necessary training and the management team has bent over backwards in order to help me excel and improve in all aspects of the job. Everyone from the CEO down are there to answer any questions and they make themselves available at all times for any help needed. This really makes for a friendly environment where you feel confortable working and even sharing ideas with upper management. The leadership along with their desire to invest heavily in expanding, technology, and especially thier employees really makes me feel confident in the direction they are heading. You work with and meet some great people and the employees make for a fun atmosphere working environment.

The compensation is something that really drew me to the job since most companies I researched did not offer a base + commission + full benefits type salary. They invest in training their employees early on and only promote from within. You get rewarded for the hard work you put in by making uncapped incentives and growing within the company. The base salary grows significantly within the first year or so and their incentive program allows you make a significant amount of money.

Cons

It is hard work and nothing will be handed to you. Their are obviously success stories as well as turnover. I have had the privilege to work along side 25 year olds who are making six figures. I have also seen people go through the motions and see zero results from it. The compensation will vary from employee to employee but if you put in the work and time then the management team will do everything to set you up to be successful.

The 7-5 hours are long but the hour for lunch and paid overtime hours really make it better.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the growth of the compnay as well as state of the art technology. With the healthcare industry being, for the most part, reccesion proof the industry will continue to grow and the demand for physicians and practicioners will only increase. The company will benefit from having a strong sales force and recruting staff along with up to date technology to continue being a leader in the industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Barton Associates

"It's hard work, but very rewarding!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Enfield, CT

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my job! The people I work with make coming to work fun every day. There are some BIG personalities in the office I work in. There is a strong sense of teamwork. The compensation structure has given me the opportunity to drastically increase my earnings and will continue to do so each year. The shortage of healthcare providers continues to grow which will create more opportunity to make money. The management team is very approachable and "hands-on."

Cons

The job is not easy... you need to work hard! It's not the kind of job that everyone will be good at.
    People can get negative when they don't see immediate results. This brings others down.
    The is a learning curve. It takes a while to get good. There is no immediate gradification.

Advice to Management

More sales/recruiting contests!

2. "Great Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Enfield, CT

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting this position, I had no background or any real knowledge of healthcare. I came in for an interview and they were very upfront on what the job entails and what the standards are. The thing that drew me in the most was the harder you work the more likely you are to excel and make a lot of money, who doesn't want to make a lot of money!

The company provides extensive training for the first 6 months about healthcare, the locum tenen industry, the business model, etc.... It's a sales position and if you're competitive, driven, have good communication skills, and a hard worker there is a very good chance you'll succeed. Healthcare is the biggest money making industry in the US and with all the changes that are happening it will continue to grow, which means so will Barton.

Being a sales job a lot of people think that it's a scripted position and there is only one way that is right.... It's the complete opposite. Everyone has their different techniques and tries different ways to effectively communicate and you can find out what works for you.....The people you work with make this position even better. It's a very close group that you will end up becoming great friends with.

Starting off it's an annual salary (as well as benefits) and after your first 6 months you get a raise in base pay and are eligible for commission. The reason for only having a base salary for the first 6 months is that Barton doesn't expect you to do any business for them. It's about growing the database and building relationships with potential clients.

At first it took a while to realize that it was a process and not instant gratification. I didn't have a doctor working for one of my client's until the end of month 4. Then it all came in bunches. I became a manager in about month 7... Another plus is that the company promotes from within and does not hire from outside for managerial roles. The incentives for yearly total sales are great and year after year for hitting certain marks you get raises in base pay for the following year. For this reason I will be here for as long as possible.

Cons

The turnover for the company
    People that come in don't give the job enough time to see the benefits or think this is a job that is something to bridge the gap for a career. It's a career opportunity and realistically the longer you're with Barton the more money you will make.