Barton Associates - It all depends on your personal mindset. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Barton Associates

"It all depends on your personal mindset."

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager and Team Lead in Peabody, MA
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager and Team Lead in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked with Barton for over 2 years as an Account Manager. I have certainly seen it all and I have to say I am very happy here. The work environment is great as I work with mostly people in my age group (mid to late 20s) who seem to share a lot of the same personality traits. The office typically has a "buzz" as it should in a sales environment where teamwork is very important.

Any employee at Barton who has been here long enough to find success will tell you they love their job. Anybody who quit after 2 weeks will say it's a horrible place to work. If that's not evidence of it really being about what you make of it, I don't know what is. Listen, not everyone can handle an aggressive sales environment. Veterans of this company persevered through the early part of this job where you aren't making a bunch of money and the day to day is a grind. Now, those same people are making more money than they know how to spend, enjoy a casually fulfilling work day, and most have assumed management roles.

I really appreciated the training and management I received early on. My manager was very helpful with advice on a day to basis even when it wasn't work related. I believe my manager truly cared more about my success for me and not about how it reflected on him as a manager.

I was personally working a dead end retail job before I was hired at Barton. I loved the "salesy" attitude of the employees and the general desire for results that you can feel when you walk in. I've made a lot of friends working here and have achieved more career goals in the short time i have spent here than I could have ever imagined. Not only from a financial standpoint, but from a managerial standpoint as well.

Cons

Long hours and there can seem like there's no light at the end of the tunnel early on.

BUT THERE IS, I PROMISE

Advice to Management

Cut the hours down, anybody who really wants it will stay late and show up early anyway.

Do more fun things for employees on a regular basis (half days, specific dress down days, free lunches, company outings and athletic teams).

Other Employee Reviews for Barton Associates

"Excellent career opportunity"

Current Employee - Team Lead, Recruiters in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead, Recruiters in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for an entry level career opportunity right out of college, I highly suggest you give Barton Associates a shot. I have been with this company for about 2 years now and after working for multiple companies before, I can honestly say this is by far the best company I have had the privilege to work for. I will admit, this job is not for everyone. It is a very fast paced, competitive, and demanding job... but I can assure you that if you put in the effort, it will be a life changer. The compensation is excellent, the benefits are excellent, and the company acts as one giant family, all the way from the top down. The company is rapidly expanding, so there is a TON of room for growth and managerial opportunities.

Cons

There are no real "cons" to working here. The environment Barton provides is one which you get what you put into the job... any reviews I have seen in which someone is complaining is only a result of their own work ethic.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Peabody, MA
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Barton Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only Pro was that the job was 10 minutes away from my house.

Cons

Everything. You work 7am-5pm with barely an hour for lunch. They track how long you've been on the phone. They say you should eb dialing 400 numbers a day. Thats exhausting. Its all sales driven and if you have no experience good luck.

I would never recommend this job to anyone.