Bass Underwriters - Great! Good people, decent work, if I had to entry-level all over again I would do it again. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bass Underwriters

"Great! Good people, decent work, if I had to entry-level all over again I would do it again."

Pros

Great Benefits, Friendly Christian atmosphere, work flexibility, company always up to date on the latest technology, lots of trainings, really cool people, Great career starter.

Cons

Very flat hiearchical structure, very hard to move up past an entry level position, salary is a bit lower than maket average.

Advice to Management

Great job guys the only thing I would suggest is pay people market wages and cut out the political party culture in the office. The intense Republicanism permeated the air. I felt that if I ever announced that I was a Democrat that I would be instantly assassinated.

Other Employee Reviews for Bass Underwriters

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Bass Underwriters full-time

Pros

The office atmosphere is amazing. It is truly a place where you feel at home and surrounded by people who genuinely care. The company is Christian based and it shows in the leadership and relationships they build.

Cons

Don't really have any cons.

"It is what you put into it."

I worked at Bass Underwriters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, laid back dress code, bullpen style layout for the assistants makes conversation inclusive and learning easier.
    The underwriters have a more private set up.

Cons

Low pay (but if you work hard, you move up), training lacks (but you can ALWAYS ask questions), workload under certain underwriters is crippling (but you learn a lot).
    Once your an underwriter, you make your own future.

Advice to Management

Take note of these reviews and PLEASE increase pay (at least for those that are obviously putting forth effort).
    Maybe relax a bit on the hiring of assistants that are obviously under-qualified (it's a slap in the face to those that are qualified and work hard for the same pay).