Bassett Mechanical - Bassett Mechanical in Kaukauna, WI (w/locations in Madison & Milwaukee) is a great place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bassett Mechanical

"Bassett Mechanical in Kaukauna, WI (w/locations in Madison & Milwaukee) is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kaukauna, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kaukauna, WI

Pros

Bassett is a family-owned company that really respects and appreciates its employees. When I tell people in the area that I work for Bassett Mechanical, it is always responded to with great compliments and positive things that people have heard about Bassett. If I express things I'm interested in doing and/or learning more about within the company, they are more than happy to accommodate this. I feel that I am gaining amazing experience, my manager is a great mentor and manager, and I constantly feel challenged. I truly love working here.
On top of that, I see the President of the company on a daily basis. She is always approachable. I've never worked for a company before where the president is so visible and active in the company.

Cons

The only thing that is a little difficult about Bassett Mechanical is that it is a fairly flat organization without a lot of layers. This is great in a lot of ways but it doesn't allow for a ton of promotion into higher levels. However, there are always opportunities to take on more in your role and/or get more involved with other areas of the company as well. This is both a positive and negative in my mind.

Advice to Management

I think that the most important thing is communication. Continue to communicate to employees the reasons behind changes and decisions made. I feel confident in our management and trust in all of the decisions they make. Also, what I love is that even though I'm not in management, if I have a suggestion or something to offer, I'm heard. Thank you for that.

Other Employee Reviews for Bassett Mechanical

1. "Amazing Family Owned Company - Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Bassett Mechanical full-time

Pros

I love the small company feel that Bassett has, it's something I hope we never lose here. Work-life balance matters to this company - I feel as though a lot of companies talk about balance and how they value it but when push comes to shove they don't live up to the promise. Bassett does - it's not about micromanaging here, it's about collaboration and getting the job done. The culture is phenomenal because the company truly empowers their people to take action and make decisions, which is a tremendous value to everyone - especially the customers.

Cons

Some resistance to change within the organization, but typically upper management has been able to navigate those barriers.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, please don't lose all the things that give Bassett that small, family-owned company feel.

2. "Part Sales/ Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Kaukauna, WI
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Kaukauna, WI

I worked at Bassett Mechanical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good family oriented and family owned company. Good yearly bonuses and profit sharing. Learned a lot about manufacturing industry.

Cons

Too many of the employees have been there 20 plus years and are not open to technology, new ideas, or attracting new talent. A typical " Good ol' boys club" atmosphere. Not much opportunity for internal growth or development.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stop looking at soley at profits and look at the reason for profits or loss. Look at how high your margins are compared to competitors.

Bassett Mechanical Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review of our Company. Being a family owned business since 1936, we pride ourselves on being family oriented and looking out for our people as we best we can... More