Bath & Body Works - Good company, Okay Management, Dreaded "Call-Ins" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works

"Good company, Okay Management, Dreaded "Call-Ins""

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some management can be really nice, it is fun talking with customers and demoing products, the better you do the more hours you get over time ( but as my "cons" say, there are those horrible call-ins). The occasional free item is neat, and you can wear jeans with your dress-shirt and dress-shoes, so it is nice to not have to be super-formal. Also, female employees can wear certain kinds of sandals in the summer--but I'm a male so that wasn't an option for me. Plus, the company keeps growing so more positions at stores should always be available to potential employees.

Cons

There is the usual somewhat-low pay of retailCall-ins are the worst. You have to keep your schedule open for all these times that you quite possibly won't be needed for. I never actually was needed for a call-in my 2 months with BBW and it was annoying having to keep those times free. When actually there most of the management was okay, with only our head manager being unpleasant, lower-level managers were very nice though. Lastly, those sensitive to smells as I am will find themselves getting severe headaches after a few hours, but due to getting such minimal hours via call-ins you may not even be there enough it matters.

Advice to Management

Get rid of call-ins, they are the main reason I quit besides my health issues from all the smells.

Other Employee Reviews for Bath & Body Works

1. "Not meant to be a career"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, work-relations, new product freebies

Cons

Glass ceiling, selling/demos, no hours

2. "Great Company - Awesome Product"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cookeville, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cookeville, TN

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This was one of my favorite jobs ever. The support from management could not be better. Sales goals are attainable and incentives were excellent! The company supports it's employees and the marketing department is genius! The products sell themselves and the management is very supportive. Advancement opportunities and sister companies are all very successful.

Cons

You will want to buy every new product that comes out! If you don't like resets or you are allergic to fragrance, this is not the job for you!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!