Bath & Body Works - The worst place I've ever worked. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bath & Body Works

"The worst place I've ever worked."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Buford, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Buford, GA

I worked at Bath & Body Works part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay was high for retail, and the discount was very generous.

Cons

Everyone in management was overly critical, and gave little to no positive feedback. They focused way too much on the negative. They would give me around 6 hours a week, then send me home half-way through a shift.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people if you don't have adequate hours for your employees. Positive reinforcement would be a nice touch too.

Other Employee Reviews for Bath & Body Works

"Any current/former BBW manager who complains is incompetent"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Bath & Body Works full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been a store manager for 3 big box stores and just transitioned to speciality at Bath & Body Works. Despite being a new store manager myself and having a brand new leadership team, I LOVE it here. This is why...

- The workload expectations are realistic and achievable. BBW gives stores sufficient amount of payroll to staff the salesfloor, execute floorset, and process shipment. Anybody who says the contrary really doesn't know how to manage effectively.
    - Good work/life balance, especially for a retail management position (I only work 40-45 hours a week, even during the holiday season)
    - SIGNIFICANTLY less stressful than working for a big box department store. My store is tiny (only about 1000 square feet), I have a minimal amount of employees to manage (even during the holidays), less product to process, minimal customer returns, and easier to keep the store neat and organized. Also, customers are generally in a good mood when they walk into my store, so I've had very few customer escalations to deal with.
    - Great pay for what I do. I make much more than any of my former assistant managers at those department stores I used to manage, yet my store is tiny, I sell lotions/candles/soaps, and it's less stressful for crying out loud.
    - The company DOES allow you to pay your staff more than minimum wage (so I'm not sure why some of the reviews here state that part-time staff starts off at minimum wage), so you attract better quality employees.
    - Great benefits and 17 vacation days during your first year; this isn't including all 7 paid holidays (so that's 24 days off in one year... LOVE it!).
    - I love being surrounded by fragrances all day and being able to try out our products all the time.
    - Our dress code is so awesome (I get to wear jeans to work!)
    - Lots of free stuff!

Cons

- It can be difficult to retain good part-time employees January thru September because the minimal workload and customer foot traffic is so low. During this time I can run my store with only 5 key associates, so it's difficult to give the rest of my staff hours. There really isn't anything corporate can do about this.
    - BBW discontinues fragrances all the time, so it's annoying to have to deal with stubborn customers who refuse to switch over to another fragrance.
    - Once you become a store manager, there aren't many opportunities to move up "the ladder" within the store ranks. District manager positions are hard to come by.
    - Minimal loss prevention support.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "It started out well, but as executives left it got unbearable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bath & Body Works full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Your immediate co workers make it worthwhile

Cons

The upper management and the inability to honor their word

Advice to Management

Be aware of what your Regional and District managers are really doing