Battelle and Battelle - Walkin' the Walk and Rootin' for the Home Team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Battelle and Battelle

"Walkin' the Walk and Rootin' for the Home Team"

Former Contractor - Demil Lead
Former Contractor - Demil Lead

I worked at Battelle and Battelle as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

I sacrificed a solid career track that promised excellent financial reward for an opportunity to join Battelle straight out of school with a fresh B.Sc. degree. Best move I could have made. I had outstanding mentors and an exciting and challenging environment. I enjoyed many self-identified opportunies to make substantial contributions, and was well-trained and compensated.

Cons

There always seems to be some knuckleheads wherever one goes, but I have no knocks on the company. The only con is that I will no longer be working for Battelle. After decades of accomplished performance and contribution, I and 100's of my co-workers (including some highly educated, ethical and qualified scientists and managers) have worked ourselves out of a job by successfully executing our contract(s) on behalf of Battelle. It was a great ride I'll remember fondly. Lots of great people. As generous a severance package as any non-manager could find, and the work experience and opportunities prepared those who did not squander them for a bright future indeed. I'm gonna be needin' me some new shades!

Advice to Management

I don't presume to advise management.

Other Employee Reviews for Battelle and Battelle

1. "Cybersecurity Professional"

Former Contractor - Senior Cyber Securiy Advisor in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Senior Cyber Securiy Advisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Battelle and Battelle as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hires highly qualified staff. Allows staff to keep the client needs first. A great culture and training opportunities

Cons

Not enough contract positions in the DoD space.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring top talent. Do not go after the lowest bidder contracts. Engage the senior leaders more at DoD, DHS, NGA, DISA, and other agencies

2. "Battelle a company of PhD's"

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst III, Content Conversion Manager in Earlysville, VA

I worked at Battelle and Battelle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice working at a satellite facility and a non-profit.

Cons

Contract monies come and go.