Bausch & Lomb - Mentally challenging and stimulating work with a great group of people willing to help. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bausch & Lomb

"Mentally challenging and stimulating work with a great group of people willing to help."

Former Intern - Procurement Intern in Rochester, NY
Former Intern - Procurement Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a fantastic atmosphere! The people are truly willing to help you out in any way possible. The work that I did required me to critically think and I got to make most of my own decisions and do things how I wanted to do them. I would meet with my Manager weekly to update him to make sure I was on the right track. They also have a full cafeteria for lunches and host events for employees!

Cons

Once you are in a division within the company, it appears to be difficult to move around to other divisions unless you really push for it. You will typically be just with your division, which can be a fairly large amount of people, but the opportunity to meet other people from different divisions didn't seem very high to me. I did get to meet a few people from other areas of the company, but I did that with m own initiative, not through any company sanctioned event.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the best and most updated equipment that you can get! Try to create a standard with this equipment too. For example, everyone within Finance and Procurement should be using Excel 2010 and should get a training seminar or something in it to help them out, or at least some useful online material to help them learn it.

Other Employee Reviews for Bausch & Lomb

1. "Finance Manager"

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Kingston, NY
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Kingston, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

International
    Dynamic
    Closed to the business
    Sells are going fairly but competition is high so pressure is coming everywhere

Cons

It belongs to a private equity and soon will be sold, unsecurity on longer term
    It is looking a lot to the costs and not much into the revenues

2. "Revolving Door with senior leadership"

Former Employee - Surgical in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Surgical in Rochester, NY

I worked at Bausch & Lomb full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Benefits package and great bramd among consumers

Cons

No winnable direction or long term strategy

Advice to Management

Stop blaming middle management and stop letting the tail wag the dog