KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 10 years

Shawshank Prison

Apr 3, 2022 - Filling Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits and paid holidays

Cons

Overtime never ends, if you are absent you have to work your day off to make up for it plus get a point against you and lose a PTO day, only one person allowed PTO in the area you work in, every time you're off for a holiday you have to work Saturday to make up for it, you can only be absent 7 days in a year ( doctors notes aren't allowed), constantly being yelled at, you're expected to do more than your share of the work and you're blamed for people quitting if you don't do their work for them, handlers act like they don't care if you have a work problem, you're treated like a robot, attitudes by management is shut up and get to work, you're expected to do more than production quota without any more pay, handlers take an hour+ for breaks and you only get two breaks (30 minutes and 20 minutes), people are not properly trained, you're expected to work in areas where you don't know how to do the job and keep up, turnover is high due to poor treatment by management. The only reason I'm still here is because I'm too old to find another job at this pay and I'm retiring next year

Baxter Response

We are very sorry to read about your frustration and experience. We would advise you to reach out to us directly at baxtercares@baxter.com to discuss this further and better understand your situation. We appreciate the feedback; even though it's tough to read, we care a lot about our operators and manufacturing teams and their long-term success.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent culture

Mar 27, 2022 - Clinical Nurse Manager in Deerfield, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Top Five Pros: culture lattice growth compensation benefits Hopes this helps

Cons

large coporation working to improve efficiencies

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lack of Consistency across GBUs

May 27, 2022 - Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I changed GBUs and my experience dramatically changed at Baxter. Few key positives about my new GBU: 1. Amazing team that looks for personalized growth 2. Ample opportunities for both vertical and horizontal growth 3. Proper safety nets in place to either make sure I don't fail or make sure I learn and grow from my failures.

Cons

A few things about my old GBU: 1. Over reliance on a small section of people to do a majority of the work 2. No clear structure and often left wondering "who can I turn to for help" 3. Oversaturated at the top (engineering wise) with a lot of missing middle/entry level engineers. 4. Very easy to burnt out in a month and no-one seemed to notice/care I wish GBUs were more aligned with the culture of Baxter and make #LifeAtBaxter better.

Baxter Response

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. Firstly we are pleased that you are experiencing a positive move in your new GBU and, of course, the mention of your amazing team (We have yet to meet a team that isn't!). We also liked your point on the opportunities to progress laterally and upwards, which we believe is important, Thanks for the cons which we shall convey back and your management advice. Our focus has been to embed agile ways of working into Baxter through several transformations. Our teams are inspired to find the right solutions within an agile and adaptable culture. Thank you again for the feedback. We will definitely consider your recommendations.

Discover more reviews about Baxter.

Baxter Photos

+ Add Photo
Baxter photo of: Wellbeing Day
Baxter photo of: Pride Fest Festivities
Baxter photo of: Pride Fest
Baxter photo of: Official Opening of Baxter Business Services
Baxter photo of: We are All Inclusive
Baxter photo of: Baxter France a reçu des étudiants du CEPhI Strasbourg sur le site de Strasbourg.
Baxter photo of: Cleanroom Technician