Bayard Advertising - Great place to work. Exciting projects and lots of client interaction. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bayard Advertising

"Great place to work. Exciting projects and lots of client interaction."

Pros

Work with many talented, intelligent people.

Cons

Sometimes not enough hours in the day to get everything done.

Other Employee Reviews for Bayard Advertising

"Great Opportunity for Self-Starting Individuals"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Bayard Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bayard was the best entry-level job I could have asked for. I was in charge of my own accounts and was able to work hard and watch them grow with as much or as little supervision I wanted. Working closely with vendors gave us opportunities for free office lunches, happy hours, sporting events & concerts. Office culture was respectively relaxed and I genuinely liked my coworkers.

Client visits were a huge bonus, I was able to travel on business to meet my clients face to face. Building relationships with clients, coworkers & vendors was gratifying. Maximizing campaign performance for clients and having the numbers to prove it was rewarding. The experience I gained at Bayard I am grateful and positive it will help me in my career for years to come.

Cons

• Minneapolis is a satellite office and doesn’t have it’s own art department, so sometimes getting requests from our NYC office was challenging.
    • Compensation for level of services provided is low

2. "Baptism by fire!"

I worked at Bayard Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good benefits, more than enough options to chose from.

Cons

Great first day, but after that no one wants to train you. Everyone acts like you are wasting their time. 6 months later, I was fired for "making too many mistakes," even after working 12 hour days trying to catch up on all the work they handed me.

Being in a small office, you want to feel comfortable with the people that you work with, but I was not treated equally as everyone else in the office as a mixed woman. The person that oversaw me was rude, unprofessional and talked about our clients like they were the dumbest in the business. Real classy Bayard considering this was the person that was supposed to be like a mentor to me. After months of voicing my concerns about this person, my boss who was thousands of miles away in another office did not seem to share my views. It was always my word against hers.

As you are advertising entry level positions, this is entirely unacceptable and inexcusable as a developing agency.

Advice to Management

Get more involved. Especially in offices that are not located in Denver or NY. You have older people working for you that are making new hires feel worthless and trying to push them out.