Baylor Scott & White Health - NEVER AGAIN!!! OUR CHILDREN'S HOUSE AT BAYLOR | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baylor Scott & White Health

"NEVER AGAIN!!! OUR CHILDREN'S HOUSE AT BAYLOR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Baylor Scott & White Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay, the children, activities for children

Cons

unprofessional management, don't handle employee conflict in a professional manner, take sides without knowing the truth let employees treat other employees badly and when the victim speaks up they are frowned on i will never work for this hospital at any facility including my treatment taking my business elsewhere

Advice to Management

stop stereo typing and realize that all employees are different and everyone doesn't have the knowledge like everyone else all strengths and weaknesses can help the team stop listening to lies from other employees keep and open mind and resolve all conflict without getting mad and retaliating on employees for no reason

Other Employee Reviews for Baylor Scott & White Health

"Medicare Biller"

Current Employee - Medical Billing Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Billing Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Baylor Scott & White Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great health/dental/vision/life/STD/LTD benefits, random bonuses for meeting financial goals, 401k, Semi-Flexible M-F schedule, and the company employees do try to exemplify its core values.

Cons

not much upward movement, given most people are ensconced in their position, but we are notified of open positions, before they are posted through the temp agencies.

"Great name and overall a pretty good place to work."

Current Employee - ED Tech in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - ED Tech in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Baylor Scott & White Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Acuity of patients - Because Baylor is a tertiary care referral center they see some really sick people. To me this was far more gratifying than working at a smaller community hospital.
    - Range of patients - Baylor sees the entire socio-economic strata of Dallas from the poorest to the richest.
    - Management - I honestly liked the majority of my shift-leaders, they were the type of nurses who were willing to roll up their sleeves and pass meds, take vital signs or clean rooms if that's what we needed. Out of the 10 or so managers, there were only 2-3 that I didn't really care for.
    - Commitment to education - Baylor is the most pro-employee education group I've worked for so far. They have contracts with UTA for techs who want to go to nursing school and celebrate when people get in or graduate from any higher degree programs.
    - Name - When I tell people I work for Baylor, the name is pretty instantly recognizable as a good system.

Cons

- Day to day shift assignments - Baylor is a big place that operates 24/7 so sometimes things get lost in shift transitions. Often you find yourself in the same assignment simply because the incoming manager doesn't realize you've been in triage for the past 4 shifts. Seems tough to completely fix, but should be worked on.
    - Parking - I think also related to size, but as a new employee I was assigned to a parking lot in the far side of campus. Not a big deal except I got off at 10:00 at night after the shuttle stopped running. It took a good three months before it all got straightened out.
    - "Baylor Kool-Aid" - for lack of a better term. Baylor would like you to believe that everyday you go to work your "blessed to be at Baylor". They tend to reward people who know the Baylor catch phrases and donate to the employee giving campaign over people who work hard. Don't get me wrong it's a great company, I enjoyed work almost everyday, but I'm in healthcare to take care of people not go to committee meetings and company events where we pat ourselves on the back.

Advice to Management

Feel free to build the brand, but keep the focus on the patient and the caregiver. That's what makes Baylor a great hospital system, and its something that no advertising campaign or employee program can ever get you.