Baystate Health - Great internship experience for someone learning more about healthcare | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baystate Health

"Great internship experience for someone learning more about healthcare"

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Springfield, MA
Former Employee - Research Assistant in Springfield, MA

I worked at Baystate Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company was really interested in my having a variety of experiences. I was focused in research doing some basic data analysis but I was also given time to shadow others in various positions from different techs in the radiology department to different procedures in the operating room. I was given leeway to pursue some fo the things I demonstrated I did well in which helped me to get more experience and hone my skills.

Cons

Some of the basic job function was a bit slow. I think more than anything else it just wasn't the right fit for me in terms of data analysis, but there were times when management simply didn't have anything for me to do. They'd give me something that was supposed to take a week and it took at day, and then they'd be at a loss as to what to do with me. In those cases I talked with co-workers or read a book for a bit.

Advice to Management

I think the main thing is to just make sure everyone is being utilized efficiently. I definitely felt like there were people around who spent half of their time not doing work.

Other Employee Reviews for Baystate Health

"Great hospital, love this company"

Current Employee - Pct in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Pct in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Baystate Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing staff, great pay, good benefits, they are very understanding if you are furthering your career, love it here

Cons

Very difficult to get hired, HR department is very hard to get through, but if you can get past them then it's all about you and your experience at the manager interview

Advice to Management

I love my unit manager, she is sweet

2. "Physical Therapist, VNA"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Baystate Health part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company with great support. Open, welcome access to discuss issues with all levels of management.

Cons

Difficult to access education opportunities while working in homecare. Difficult to maintain full "productivity" time while managing all non-bill job tasks required.