Baystate Health - Baystate Health is one of the few major medical centers located in Western Massachusetts | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baystate Health

"Baystate Health is one of the few major medical centers located in Western Massachusetts"

Former Employee - Medicine in Springfield, MA
Former Employee - Medicine in Springfield, MA

I worked at Baystate Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Baystate Health is one of only a few major medical centers located in Western Massachusetts which would give the Institution the ability to provide a great many job opportunities

Cons

The ability to provide a great many job opportunities has not yet reached its full potential with this Institution and there is still more to be done.

Advice to Management

Develop a job creation plan and carry it out to help boost the economic hardships in this area of Massachusetts.

Other Employee Reviews for Baystate Health

"Used to be a great place to work"

Pros

Good pay compared to other places, senior leadership has a good vision for the future. Most people were friendly and helpful to others.

Cons

Management plays favorites. Very little advancement opportunities. They generally hire people at higher salaries from the outside as opposed to advancement from within.

2. "Great internship experience for someone learning more about healthcare"

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Springfield, MA

I worked at Baystate Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company was really interested in my having a variety of experiences. I was focused in research doing some basic data analysis but I was also given time to shadow others in various positions from different techs in the radiology department to different procedures in the operating room. I was given leeway to pursue some fo the things I demonstrated I did well in which helped me to get more experience and hone my skills.

Cons

Some of the basic job function was a bit slow. I think more than anything else it just wasn't the right fit for me in terms of data analysis, but there were times when management simply didn't have anything for me to do. They'd give me something that was supposed to take a week and it took at day, and then they'd be at a loss as to what to do with me. In those cases I talked with co-workers or read a book for a bit.

Advice to Management

I think the main thing is to just make sure everyone is being utilized efficiently. I definitely felt like there were people around who spent half of their time not doing work.