Bazaarvoice - The most fun and challenging job I've had in my 10 year career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bazaarvoice

"The most fun and challenging job I've had in my 10 year career"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

- Interesting challenges
- Smart Colleagues
- Fun environment
- Lots of personal growth
- Lots of room for company growth and success

Cons

- Because of the rapid growth, there's lots of change
- Lack of clear structures and processes

Advice to Management

- Keep sharing lots of info about the successes and challenges facing the company - setting the context energizes everyone

Other Employee Reviews for Bazaarvoice

"Hard work with great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Bazaarvoice hires extremely talented individuals in every department. In 2.5 years, I ended up with colleagues that I considered friends and knew I could go to any of them if we had an issue. The people who had been with the company longer were particularly open to that type of collaboration without regard to any chain of command.
    Everyone works hard and knows when to pull together, especially to meet goals.
    The management and leadership training offered is really great. It shows that the company does want to invest in the advancement of its employees.
    If you work hard, you can be yourself and crack wise, make jokes, and generally find a way to enjoy your day.

Cons

Long hours.
    You need to assert your own work life balance.
    Unlimited vacation policy isn't the best way to go - just give people 15 or 20 PTO days to take away the ambiguity and make sure some people actually take it at all.
    The free snacks and food are a perk, but almost everyone gains weight unless they have extreme self control.
    The company does re org quite a bit and it can be confusing to figure out who is in charge of what.

Advice to Management

Most of the senior leadership wants to keep the company informed and on the same page.
    Be careful with new management hires and make sure they still uphold the culture and values.

"Great experience overall, but still a very young company with a lot of work needed"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

- Autonomy in my role
    - Work hours flexibility/time off
    - Work with really smart people who typically take ownership for their roles

Cons

- Difficult to grow your career
    - Tout the ability to have fierce conversations, when in fact you usually see negative consequences if you do
    - Highly political that requires a lot of skillful navigation