Bazaarvoice - Best place I've worked so far | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bazaarvoice

"Best place I've worked so far"

Current Employee - Market Development in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Market Development in Austin, TX

Pros

Environment and culture are exceptional. High-energy, professional, yet laid back. Compensation is fair, and diligent, hard work is rewarded financially. Clear-spoken communication from leadership, and leadership that cares (legitimately) about success of the people. Great food and healthy options in the kitchens, with frequent lunches catered in. Unlimited vacation is always a plus. For the record, although it is high-energy, this is definitely the calmest place I've ever worked. Oddly enough, it is also the most energetic, and the most positive.

Cons

(1) Constant change with the usual spin from management that "this time things will be different." What would be refreshing is an acknowledgement that this is just how life is in a company that grows so fast...we make some mistakes, try new things, and learn as we go. This includes quarterly large-scale territory changes. (2) For Market Development, there has been a lot of repeated account shifting and timely response from leadership over comp structure changes lags. On the plus side, at least MD leadership communicates about this stuff and seems to hold the rest of the organization responsible. (3) The company is shedding a lot of experienced talent as it grows, so there could be a stronger talent retention program in place so the recruiters weren't always going berserk.

Advice to Management

Authentic honesty trumps positive spin when it comes to change. We know you work hard at it, but try to implement a scalable structure that will endure for more than a quarter. Sales leadership needs to deliver on its committed timetable to MD leadership - huge disconnect here at the moment. Initiate a company-wide talent retention program.

Other Employee Reviews for Bazaarvoice

"Wow - what a 180 this place has done in the last year."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

-Vacation policy
    -the people
    -what we've built so far
    - no micro-management (yet)
    - nice office
    - free snacks
    -benefits

Cons

-Sr. leadership is throwing a lot of shiny objects (i.e. high priced GM's and other Execs) at our problems, and its only adding to the issues. more layers is not the answer.
    -Execs are COMPLETELY out of touch with what's going on right now. Feels like a mass exodus is about to happen.
    -The wonderful culture is all but gone and no one seems to care anymore
    -Caring about employees seems to be all but gone- we've lost some super talented people recently that helped build this company. They've either been pushed out or unceremoniously been let go.
    -A recent high level Exec hire has completely poisoned the culture and seen almost their entire team leave voluntarily, and nothing has been done about it. Not good for morale.
    -Too many changes all the time, both in sales and product. Nothing ever has time to bake. Knee jerk reactions to everything is the norm here.
    -Still a feeling of a 'boy's club' amongst certain leaders, esp in sales. If you're not in it...good luck getting moved up.

Advice to Management

Wake up guys - what was once a special place has deteriorated into a very sad state of affairs, and no one is convinced you all care anymore. Its as if the IPO happened, you made your money and that is it. This was once a place of pride to work at, people were clamoring to get it. Now people can't wait to get out, everyone is looking for jobs. The reason being, all of our friends who have left have told us how it is on the other side - more pay, less stress and being cared about by leadership. There's still time to turn things around but I fear its too late, too many great people are already gone. How long are you going to keep ignoring the problems?

"Always changing, but still a way better than average job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Smart co-workers
    Challenging, interesting problems to work on
    Impressive clients
    Relaxed environment
    Past success
    Bright future
    Growth opportunities for the ambitious, but requires self-promotion
    Some really inspiring recent executive hires...CFO and CTO stand out
    Vacation policy
    Management admits mistakes

Cons

Some recent exec and senior management hires are poisonous to the culture
    Too much re-orging
    Definition of culture, beyond the stated seven pillars, is still too organic. Would love to see some real innovation in the area of corporate culture
    Biz-speak is a little too prevalent
    Some culture of fear--people are afraid of losing jobs for poor performance but they are not sure what good/poor performance looks like

Advice to Management

Good past emphasis on culture, but we really need some leadership to make BV a special mid-sized company to work for going forward
    Hold senior execs accountable for culture and hire them carefully, there have been too many disappointments in this regard and that's a morale killer
    Fail fast is good, but we also need time for change to take hold. Re-org with care
    Focus on employee retention
    Some culture issues aside we have a strong leadership team in place