Bazaarvoice - Best place I've worked so far | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Bazaarvoice

"Best place I've worked so far"

Current Employee - Market Development in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Market Development in Austin, TX

Pros

Environment and culture are exceptional. High-energy, professional, yet laid back. Compensation is fair, and diligent, hard work is rewarded financially. Clear-spoken communication from leadership, and leadership that cares (legitimately) about success of the people. Great food and healthy options in the kitchens, with frequent lunches catered in. Unlimited vacation is always a plus. For the record, although it is high-energy, this is definitely the calmest place I've ever worked. Oddly enough, it is also the most energetic, and the most positive.

Cons

(1) Constant change with the usual spin from management that "this time things will be different." What would be refreshing is an acknowledgement that this is just how life is in a company that grows so fast...we make some mistakes, try new things, and learn as we go. This includes quarterly large-scale territory changes. (2) For Market Development, there has been a lot of repeated account shifting and timely response from leadership over comp structure changes lags. On the plus side, at least MD leadership communicates about this stuff and seems to hold the rest of the organization responsible. (3) The company is shedding a lot of experienced talent as it grows, so there could be a stronger talent retention program in place so the recruiters weren't always going berserk.

Advice to Management

Authentic honesty trumps positive spin when it comes to change. We know you work hard at it, but try to implement a scalable structure that will endure for more than a quarter. Sales leadership needs to deliver on its committed timetable to MD leadership - huge disconnect here at the moment. Initiate a company-wide talent retention program.

Other Employee Reviews for Bazaarvoice

"Always changing, but still a way better than average job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Smart co-workers
    Challenging, interesting problems to work on
    Impressive clients
    Relaxed environment
    Past success
    Bright future
    Growth opportunities for the ambitious, but requires self-promotion
    Some really inspiring recent executive hires...CFO and CTO stand out
    Vacation policy
    Management admits mistakes

Cons

Some recent exec and senior management hires are poisonous to the culture
    Too much re-orging
    Definition of culture, beyond the stated seven pillars, is still too organic. Would love to see some real innovation in the area of corporate culture
    Biz-speak is a little too prevalent
    Some culture of fear--people are afraid of losing jobs for poor performance but they are not sure what good/poor performance looks like

Advice to Management

Good past emphasis on culture, but we really need some leadership to make BV a special mid-sized company to work for going forward
    Hold senior execs accountable for culture and hire them carefully, there have been too many disappointments in this regard and that's a morale killer
    Fail fast is good, but we also need time for change to take hold. Re-org with care
    Focus on employee retention
    Some culture issues aside we have a strong leadership team in place

"The most fun and challenging job I've had in my 10 year career"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

- Interesting challenges
    - Smart Colleagues
    - Fun environment
    - Lots of personal growth
    - Lots of room for company growth and success

Cons

- Because of the rapid growth, there's lots of change
    - Lack of clear structures and processes

Advice to Management

- Keep sharing lots of info about the successes and challenges facing the company - setting the context energizes everyone