Bazaarvoice - Wow - what a 180 this place has done in the last year. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bazaarvoice

"Wow - what a 180 this place has done in the last year."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

-Vacation policy
-the people
-what we've built so far
- no micro-management (yet)
- nice office
- free snacks
-benefits

Cons

-Sr. leadership is throwing a lot of shiny objects (i.e. high priced GM's and other Execs) at our problems, and its only adding to the issues. more layers is not the answer.
-Execs are COMPLETELY out of touch with what's going on right now. Feels like a mass exodus is about to happen.
-The wonderful culture is all but gone and no one seems to care anymore
-Caring about employees seems to be all but gone- we've lost some super talented people recently that helped build this company. They've either been pushed out or unceremoniously been let go.
-A recent high level Exec hire has completely poisoned the culture and seen almost their entire team leave voluntarily, and nothing has been done about it. Not good for morale.
-Too many changes all the time, both in sales and product. Nothing ever has time to bake. Knee jerk reactions to everything is the norm here.
-Still a feeling of a 'boy's club' amongst certain leaders, esp in sales. If you're not in it...good luck getting moved up.

Advice to Management

Wake up guys - what was once a special place has deteriorated into a very sad state of affairs, and no one is convinced you all care anymore. Its as if the IPO happened, you made your money and that is it. This was once a place of pride to work at, people were clamoring to get it. Now people can't wait to get out, everyone is looking for jobs. The reason being, all of our friends who have left have told us how it is on the other side - more pay, less stress and being cared about by leadership. There's still time to turn things around but I fear its too late, too many great people are already gone. How long are you going to keep ignoring the problems?

Other Employee Reviews for Bazaarvoice

"Always changing, but still a way better than average job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Smart co-workers
    Challenging, interesting problems to work on
    Impressive clients
    Relaxed environment
    Past success
    Bright future
    Growth opportunities for the ambitious, but requires self-promotion
    Some really inspiring recent executive hires...CFO and CTO stand out
    Vacation policy
    Management admits mistakes

Cons

Some recent exec and senior management hires are poisonous to the culture
    Too much re-orging
    Definition of culture, beyond the stated seven pillars, is still too organic. Would love to see some real innovation in the area of corporate culture
    Biz-speak is a little too prevalent
    Some culture of fear--people are afraid of losing jobs for poor performance but they are not sure what good/poor performance looks like

Advice to Management

Good past emphasis on culture, but we really need some leadership to make BV a special mid-sized company to work for going forward
    Hold senior execs accountable for culture and hire them carefully, there have been too many disappointments in this regard and that's a morale killer
    Fail fast is good, but we also need time for change to take hold. Re-org with care
    Focus on employee retention
    Some culture issues aside we have a strong leadership team in place

"The most fun and challenging job I've had in my 10 year career"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

- Interesting challenges
    - Smart Colleagues
    - Fun environment
    - Lots of personal growth
    - Lots of room for company growth and success

Cons

- Because of the rapid growth, there's lots of change
    - Lack of clear structures and processes

Advice to Management

- Keep sharing lots of info about the successes and challenges facing the company - setting the context energizes everyone