Beachbody - Great time working at Beachbody | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Beachbody

"Great time working at Beachbody"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work environment, benefits, gym on site, use of all products, nice workspace environment.

Cons

Salary is low, during interview process career advancement and training were emphasized, but at least in the IT department this was not the case. They would prefer to hire an external person than someone from within even if it would be a minor promotion. And training (for a real cert) was none existent.

Advice to Management

follow through with all the career advancement benefits that are touted during the interview process.

Other Employee Reviews for Beachbody

"Overly Political - Poorly Run - Low Quality Talent - 5 Starts are from BB Coaches - not SM Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Beachbody full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, very diverse, most employees don't actually have to "work". Two Gyms.

Cons

Very political, fed mostly by leadership. People department is laughable. Mostly low quality talent with a few talented, hard working people doing most of the work. Managers spend 90% of their time in unproductive meeting. Projects are always late, always over budget. Absolutely no accountability whatsoever - IT is nearly half the company, the entire IT management group has been replaced after five years of chaos and millions wasted on poorly executed or abandoned projects. Outside vendors openly mock the management of the company. Agree that CEO is clueless.

Advice to Management

Replace entire senior staff, listen to your employees, replace your "People" department.

"Worst work experience ever!"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Beachbody full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to work out during the day to any of the Beachbody products per the voted upon schedule
    Access to nutritional supplements and shakes in the pantry
    High salary
    Growing company, revenue growth continues in positive direction year over year
    Good brand recognition

Cons

I agree with every reviewer here who is reviewing the Santa Monica office (not coaches). I wish I had known about Glassdoor before I joined Beachbody... within my first week I was skeptical, after 30 days i was unsure, after 90 days I realized I HAD to get out.

They hired over 300 people in 2011 and just threw them all in the building hoping they would figure things out. Most people I've worked with are extremely green - either not knowing how to do their job or just plain doing it poorly. On top of it, bad attitudes and lack of cooperation.

There is no leadership, no direction. The CEO seems like a good guy and has passion for what he does - but he has no interest in actually leading this company or its people.

There are a handful of good/solid people that are really trying to make a difference, but they have too much on their plate and real progress is slow.

Priorities change overnight (here's your project budget, no you can't have it, oh yes you can... wait, no you can"t).

No growth potential, no training, nothing at all to make you a better person/employee - just constant frustration.

Worst working experience of my life... I cant wait to get out.

* as others mentioned, limited parking in building - poorly executed off site options
    * everyone sitting on top of each other in a sea of small cubicles
    * People department is not really there for you

Advice to Management

Dont just focus on the external (coaches, websites, infomercials) - get your house in order. Get a reputable management consulting firm to help create a foundation for stability and vision for the future and how to get there. Pay attention to your employees.