Beachbody - Beachbody Is Not The Ideal Workplace | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Beachbody

"Beachbody Is Not The Ideal Workplace"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Santa Monica, CA
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Energy Drink Products/Vitamins in a well-stocked kitchen.

Cons

Sweatshop environment. Programmers and other software development personnel work shoulder-to-shoulder in an extremely rude, noisy, crowded and chaotic environment. New employees have no on-site parking. Parking is available on the street, however only for 2 hours at a time. Otherwise, employees have to park 1/2 mile away in another garage and take shuttles to get to and from their vehicles.

Advice to Management

Drop the sweatshop model. This is not India. Create some behavior guidelines for employees. Cut the amount of needless daily meetings by 50% so development personnel can actually get work finished on schedule. Hire more people who have people skills and pleasant personalities.

Other Employee Reviews for Beachbody

1. "Supportive, Nurturing Company"

Former Employee - Proofreader in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Proofreader in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Beachbody full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I dealt with several health issues due to chronic illness while I worked at Beachbody, and everyone--from coworkers to management to upper management--was incredibly supportive throughout the entire process.
    I was given several opportunities to grow and experience new things, and there were outlets for any "work frustration" that may have built up on a bad day.
    Beachbody encourages its employees to be courageously forthright and to speak up for what they believe in, and in the end, Beachbody is committed to its mission statement: Help people achieve their goals and enjoy a healthy, fulfilling life.

Cons

Some perks have gone by the wayside over the past couple years. Company breakfasts and ping-pong tournaments were great motivators and made Beachbody unique.

2. "detrimental to my health"

Current Employee - Bachbody Coach in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bachbody Coach in New York, NY

I have been working at Beachbody part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

discounts, helping others, and earnings

Cons

My downside are not company related it's personal. I have a hard time talking to people about TBB, I know I have to do more personal development

Advice to Management

I think upper management does very well, I don't really have any ideas to make it better than what it already is.