Beacon Roofing - Great company, cares about emloyees, those who have the desire can advance. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Beacon Roofing

"Great company, cares about emloyees, those who have the desire can advance."

Current Employee - Branch Manager
Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Beacon Roofing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Beacon Roofing Supply for almost 15yrs, 5yrs inside sales, 10yrs as a branch manager. The company is well disciplined yet allows its managers to actually manage their branches essentially autonomously. Budgets are challenging and growth is expected. If you are hardworking, dedicated, focused, dependable, and able to multitask in a fast paced atmosphere you will do well. We have many employees who started as a drivers / warehouse and now are top branch managers. The company believes in developing s its employees and promotes from within. The compensation is more than fair, benefits better than average, and profit sharing to date has always been given. I consider myself blessed to be part of the Beacon Team.

Cons

Results and hard work are expected. If you are not interested in opportunity and are unable to give 100%, this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within. Invest in your employee's; continue to train, educate, and develop so to maximize every employee's true potential. The function of management is to produce more leaders.

Other Employee Reviews for Beacon Roofing

"Sweat Shop!"

Former Employee - Forklift Driver in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Forklift Driver in Wilmington, NC

Pros

Supervisor was a good guy!
    Received days off when needed

Cons

No pay raise in over a year, I was classified as a part-time employee, but worked full-time hours, no benefits, no holidays, (even though the employee handbook says after 90 days PART-TIME employees are eligible for holiday pay). I had 401k money taken out of my paycheck even though i never authorized that, and no one from upper management or HR could produce paperwork. Unless you plan on busting your butt (literally!) and work your way to the top, Id find another place of employment!

"I enjoyed my job and responsibilities"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

There are good employees who work well together. You really get to develop relationships with customers. Working as a team builds comradery between employees.

Cons

Upper management tries to call all of the shots which turns the branch manager into a puppet. Micro management is common. There is so much emphasis on having the fewest employees posssible to keep the operating costs down but this leads to low morale from less employees having to do more.

Advice to Management

Let the branch manager do the job you have hired him to do and trust his abilities. Choosing employees because of experience should not trump character issues, effort and teamwork.