Bealls - It's okay not the best job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bealls

"It's okay not the best job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Bealls part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are really friendly and good to work with

Cons

not enough hours, not teen oriented

Other Employee Reviews for Bealls

"Horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Naples, FL

I worked at Bealls part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company

Cons

POOR MANAGEMENT
    POOR PAY
    DISHONESTY

I was hired at bealls in 2011. My first day on the job was Black Friday, the only training I got was a three hour walk through of the store a few days prior and maybe a total of 15 minutes on the register. So on one of the busiest shopping days of the year they threw me on the register and I had no idea what I was doing. It was a horrible experience.

After that, they had me working in every department for a month at a time never long enough to learn anything, I was thrown around and treated poorly. There is the store manager and area manager for every department so you aren't just being told what to do by one manager, you are told " I need you to clear out the fitting rooms as soon as possible." Then a different manager will come up to you and tell you " I need you to stay at the register to cover so and so's break." Then you will get in trouble by your store manager for not listening.

I got written up for not being where I was supposed to be one too many times, yet I had been using the restroom at the precise moment one of the 5 managers would be looking for me.

They then cut my hours down to 4 hours every two weeks. How can you live off of a 36$ pay check!!??!!!

They beat their employees down until people are crying at work, they make promises to you they will never keep and this is not just the store I worked at, At least in Naples Florida, it is every Bealls. Just be warned.

Advice to Management

You need to care more about your employees. If you give them enough hours to pay their bills, and you treat your employee's right, in turn they will be happier people, thus they will be more pleasant to the customers and work harder. When you create beaten employees who hate their jobs they will only work just hard enough to not hear the harassment from their bosses.

"Good job if you like being micro-managed and unappreciated by upper management."

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Bealls full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I met some really good people at Bealls and I have to have 20 words in this comment to post.

Cons

Upper management doesn't know/care who you are. I worked 50 feet from the CFO and it took him a year to learn my name even though it was on my cubicle. And don't expect to be recognized unless you work 60 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Share some of the $1B in sales with your employees - having the employee appreciation annual lunch in the conference room catered by the cafe doesn't exactly say 'Thanks!'. Neither does the $100 annual contribution to everyone's 401k.