BearingPoint - No Longer a good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

"No Longer a good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The work is good. Most of the time the people you work with are great folks committed to their work. The projects are mostly very good. New implementations are available to work for. Maintenance projects are not that many in number. My experience working with my MD was great.

Cons

Company is not doing great. Stock is at its worst ever. Everyone is worried about what happens next. Most people who are not on projects have been laid off. Employee morale is at its lowest ever. Most people who are still working here are now here because of Visa issues or because they cannot find a job elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Communicate about the problems and keep employees informed.

Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint

"Have a Back Up Employment Plan"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

The best reason to work for BearingPoint is that it is a great place to start your professional career and get in on the ground floor of consulting.

Cons

BearingPoint is currently going through severe financial distress and the future of the company is uncertain. Compensation and benefits are also below the market average for similar jobs. The number one downfall of BearingPoint is its total lack of investment in training and nurturing of its employees. Consulting is a people business and not training and growing the skills of your work force is suicidal.

Advice to Management

I would advise senior leadership to take a long look in the mirror and figure out that they are sinking this company. If we want to be a serious consulting firm and not a body shop we need to start investing in our people and showing our clients how we truly add value.

"Probably no longer a viable brand-name consultig compoany to work for"

Current Employee - Assoc Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assoc Director in New York, NY

Pros

Flexibility to choose what you want to contriute towards

Cons

The company may no longer be viable as a brand-name consulting company

Advice to Management

Clean up your act and promote the right talent. Consulting is a knowledge business. Its important to ensure your investments are targeted to helping employees grow intellectually. Managing Directors who worked their way up through merit and talent ned to be given more room to hire and develop good employees. If you have hored good people, its also your responsibility to hep them grow with thr right timely feedback and investment.