BearingPoint - Interesting experience at BearingPoint | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

"Interesting experience at BearingPoint"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

In my view, with present economic conditions and current status of BE's, there are still a few reasons to work for BearingPoint. One reasonable reason to work for Bearingpoint at this time would be that if you believe you can help make a difference in turning the company around. Ed, the present CEO, has a difficult task at hand, and can use the help. Another reasonable reason to work for BE at the time of crisis would be to help lead the change and execute on the strategy brought forth by Ed. If you have researched the company, understand the risks ahead, and believe in Ed, then BE will not disappoint you and provide you opportunities to get engaged on projects, possibly aligned with your strengths. I entered BE to strengthen my knowledge of various industries in a short timeframe. As other consulting firms and inherent nature of the business, I was pleased with presented opportunities.

Cons

In my opinion and personal experience with BE, it lacks a fair/complete performance evaluation process. In addition, I do not agree with metrics used to evaluate performance of employees at all level. E.g. Sustaining growth number during declining economy, while addressing increasing attrition is an unrealistic expectation. By no means, is it an easy task to provide a fair career progression model for 17000+ employees but fixing fundamental issues with the model and communicating reasons for the chosen metrics is an equitable request.

Furthermore, most practice leaders I have worked with rather show profitability in the responsible area with less concern to companies outlook as a whole. Some in my opinion do not understand what it means to be a publically traded companies much less the associated responsibilities. Sr. Mgmt lacks the enthusiasm and devotion to harness and grow younger talent to help make a better future for BE.

Advice to Management

Executives of BE: I have no interaction at this level but would advice ED to ensure he has a strong team to lead us through these tough times. The chosen team must validate that how business is being performed which is more than evaluating numbers provided on dashboards. At this time, one must evaluate qualitative measures as well as quantitative. Numbers are a good indication but poor mgmt at various levels may not provide a clear picture. E.g. Pro-active monitoring of projects with frequent evaluations can help avoid\control loss apparent at later stages due to mismanagements.

VP's/MD's: Let's realize that we all must work together to withstand this storm. We must bring issues that need attention to light so Exec mgmt can address them. E.g. Let's ensure BE internals employee are of a better value on fixed engagements than a SUB. Processes and policies must change to accommodate needs of company. Finally, all of us must realize that we are not a private company and begin owning responsibility of a publically traded company. Corporate office has realized this but unfortunately the consulting practice needs to catchup.

Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint

1. "Cut the number of VPs and EVPs - You are paying exec salaries for admin functions!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

Pros

All ppl below the MD level are great to work with. Some MDs and VP/Execs are extremely competent and a pleasure to work with. Others are self-centered piles of BS!

Cons

a 2cent stock price doesn't command attention, let alone respect!

Advice to Management

Get over yourself and show some spine in fixing the problem. Get rid of all MDs or VPs/Execs who have been with the company for more than five years. They are the problem plaguing this company. You need to make way for new thinking.

"Update your resume..."

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in McLean, VA

Pros

The main positives I have found are the fact that most engagements in the D.C. area are very flexible in terms of hours and vacation time. Most engagements (depending on the clients) only care that you are billing 40+ hours a week and aren't too stringent as too when you need to show up. Also, working from home is an option used frequently by many employees.

Cons

Laughable benefits and reward packages. Yearly increases for the past couple of years have been nothing more than glorified cost-of-living increases. If advancement and monetary awards matter to you....do not work for this company.

Advice to Management

Get off the sinking ship.