BearingPoint - Lucky to have a job | Glassdoor

"Lucky to have a job"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for BearingPoint are getting to work for a lot of Fortune 500 Companies. The work life balance is good with lots of vacation. The Per diem is also very nice when you're on the road. The salaries are also quite competitive considering they have to overcompensate people to not leave the company.

Cons

The job stability and overall health of the company is very much a reason for concern. There has also been quite a talent flight to the competitors over the past year. There is basically zero job stability for anyone on the bench

Advice to Management

Sell off the business units as quickly as possible

Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint

1. "Strong PS Practice - enjoyed my 8 years of service"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Very strong Public Services business has unusually good stability and work life balance. I have been very proud to serve BE for the past eight years. We have excellent employees and our clients fanatically support us. On the ground things are positive and the PS practice continues to win work despite the Chapter 11 filing.

Cons

Actions at the Corporate level have resulted in a steady decline of the company resulting now in its dissolution. I have been proud to serve BE for 8 years but I look forward to our acquisition by another tier 1 consulting firm. We have had a cloud hanging over us for years with the SEC investigations, filling delays, and then issues surrounding the structure of our corporate debt.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of the potential risk to performing M&A

2. "BearingPoint not bad"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Great coworkers. Oppotunities to learn and advance. Lots of continuing education. Yale program. Compensation has gotten better in recent years.

Cons

Financial situation. Lack of fairness (quotas) for promotions. Disorganization at high level.

Advice to Management

Get on the ground knowledge and experience and be present - dont just "call in" your leadership.