BearingPoint - Lucky to have a job | Glassdoor

"Lucky to have a job"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for BearingPoint are getting to work for a lot of Fortune 500 Companies. The work life balance is good with lots of vacation. The Per diem is also very nice when you're on the road. The salaries are also quite competitive considering they have to overcompensate people to not leave the company.

Cons

The job stability and overall health of the company is very much a reason for concern. There has also been quite a talent flight to the competitors over the past year. There is basically zero job stability for anyone on the bench

Advice to Management

Sell off the business units as quickly as possible

Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint

1. "Be review"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in McLean, VA

Pros

Great people and support in reaching career goals and development. Management does a great job of communicating with all of the employees regarding any issues or changes. Everyone gets along with each othet and there are many bright and talented people working in the company.

Cons

Lack of networking opportunities..compensation..no tuition reimbursement..work life balance. Career path is not defined and you end up doing many generalist type of work coming in as a college graduate. Those who cry and whine get noticed and those who derserve to get promoted faster then others usually dont because management feel they havnt been at the company long enough. Its hard to get into the field of work that you really want to get into because of the lack of yraining opportunities or management dont want to take the time to train somebody. Performance review is done by someone that doesnt even work on the same project as you.

Advice to Management

Provide more compensation..awards and bonuses. Provide more and effective training opportunities, net working opportunities. Create more defined career paths for employees

2. "Strong PS Practice - enjoyed my 8 years of service"

Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Very strong Public Services business has unusually good stability and work life balance. I have been very proud to serve BE for the past eight years. We have excellent employees and our clients fanatically support us. On the ground things are positive and the PS practice continues to win work despite the Chapter 11 filing.

Cons

Actions at the Corporate level have resulted in a steady decline of the company resulting now in its dissolution. I have been proud to serve BE for 8 years but I look forward to our acquisition by another tier 1 consulting firm. We have had a cloud hanging over us for years with the SEC investigations, filling delays, and then issues surrounding the structure of our corporate debt.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of the potential risk to performing M&A