BearingPoint - It was a good run. | Glassdoor

"It was a good run."

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

BearingPoint, even in this time of turmoil, has attempted to reward employees for hard work and dedication. Additionally, BearingPoint has is a supporter of lateral movement as well as promotions within your field. This means if one is not interested in the type of work he/she does, it is not difficult to switch to a different area of the company.

Cons

Upper management has let the company down. They were unable to run a profitable business even though BearingPoint employees were delivering on the job they were assigned - specifically, satisfying the client with best in class project work.

Advice to Management

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint

1. "Great Management"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Although it varies across each of the different areas, I was fortunate to have a great line of management that is very open and supportive. They have been really great with keeping our group connected through monthly meetings/get togethers and weekly calls. This is very important since most consultants travel often and are not always in the office and can sometimes feel "disconnected" from what is going on.

Cons

The biggest downside to working at BearingPoint is the instability of the company. We are having major financial problems and debt restructuring that are leaving many people confused and job security is an issue.

Advice to Management

My advice to senior management would be to stay in good communication with your employees and be as transparant as possible about company goals and vision.

2. "So long, thanks for the fish."

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

Low walls culture, decent pay and benefits. BE has been good to me, sorry to see it all get broken up and sold off. Like most companies, it is all about the strength of your local management. I have been generally treated as a competent adult, and allowed to make my own path. Your mileage may very.

Cons

Working for a company in bankruptcy is always a bad idea. The firm is getting sold off piece-by-piece, which is probably the right move. The back office costs were too high, so it makes sense to graft the worthwhile (revenue generating) parts onto a healthy organization.

Advice to Management

Thanks for fighting the good fight, we really needed you about 3 years before you showed up. Better luck next time.