BearingPoint - Good consulting firm gone by the wayside | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

"Good consulting firm gone by the wayside"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Like all consulting firms, BearingPoint offered fantastic experience to interact with many different clients. I worked for 15-20 Fortune 500 clients during my 4 years at BearingPoint.

Cons

BearingPoint unfortunately struggled with poor management communication as it worked through multiple CEOs, internal reorgs, etc. At times you worked very long hours and were under high stress conditions. The nonstop travel definitely got a little tedious at times.

Advice to Management

The one thing I wish BearingPoint did more of was work to make it a fun work environment like Deloitte and other consulting firms. There were very few activities, social events, etc. in our office and I only really got to know people on my specific projects.

Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint

1. "Now bankrupt"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Camaraderie with coworkers. Good project work. Interesting and exciting clients. Got to travel the world on the companies dime. If your Managing Director was good, this was a very good place to work.

Cons

Many cons. How about atrocious senior management. No consideration for work or life balance (what can you expect, its consulting). In 8 years only received one bonus.

Its now bankrupt, 'nuff said.

Advice to Management

A series of terrible CEO's and bad Senior Management lead this place into the ground. Sad. A lot of good people and good work was done at this company, only to be driven into the ground by incompetent management. This place suffered from one management debacle after another.

2. "I am done with Bearingpoint"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Consultant in Austin, TX

Pros

Very long PTO, senior consultant level above gets 25 days per year,
    good benefit
    decent salary
    don't have to travel in my office

Cons

too many management, a lot of people in the management position doesn't have the knowledge or skill they need to

Advice to Management

well, i do not have to suggest any thing because this company already bankrucpted
    because of the debt and the finanl crsis