BearingPoint - A pretty good employer, if they're around in 12 months. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BearingPoint

"A pretty good employer, if they're around in 12 months."

Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

BearingPoint has great training programs, especially for new hires. Within my first year as a BE employee, I attended a 3-day orientation in Washington DC, a five day training on general consulting skills (also in Washington), and a 5 day technical training offered by an outside vendor for a technology we were looking to implement internally and for the client. For the first year, I think you would be hard pressed to find a company willing to invest as much training time and money in employees. I also enjoy working with the people I work with on a day-to-day basis. They also offer great vacation for new hires (4 weeks, straight out of school is not too shabby). They make you set annual goals, which can involve a lot of effort, but it's good for keeping you focused on what you need to be doing to advance.

Cons

LAME 401K! The matching (especially compared with my girlfriend's 401K (she will be working for KPMG) is weak (25% of contributions of up to 5% of pretax), especially coupled with a five year vesting period (KPMG, fully vested from day one). They claim to be a company that supports work-from-home programs, but my senior manager was not willing to even consider it. There is a lot of BS admin work, even for people working billable hours on the client.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with employees and be more present. In the past several weeks we've been facing a turbulant stock price and rumors of acquisition, but communications from the executive group are mostly "dont worry, keep working".

Other Employee Reviews for BearingPoint

1. "BE is the place for me at this time and this place"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

Pros

The firm has been going through many changes over the years I have been employed here, making BE a very flexible environment in which to work.

Cons

Terrible 401K match, no education credit, terrible stock price

Advice to Management

Improve the 401K match

2. "Its going to be bought out"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

Pros

BearingPoint has a laid back corporate culture and its possible for people to progress rapidly if they are in a practice area where they are very visible and able to contribute.

Cons

BearingPoint isn't really one company. Its 2,000 little fiefdoms of Managing Directors. If you happen to land in a good one, and you manage to connect with your MD you'll be set.

Advice to Management

Get an MBA. Too many people at the upper echelon of this company really don't know the basics of running a business. They struggle to manage simple rules, regulations, marketing etc. More people need to know how to run a business.