Beckman Coulter - Downhill, sinkng ship. | Glassdoor

"Downhill, sinkng ship."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Pros

Meeting great customers and delivering my promise.

Cons

The business ethics of this place just stink these days. I have been involved in and witnessed many instances where problems were simply " band-aided" enough to get by for a few months. Half of the life science products wete discontinued or sold in the last 4 years. Customer service has detiorated to nothing more than a skeleton crew of personnel. An outside used car salesman was hired to be a customer service manager instead of employees with 20 plus years of "In the lab and in front of the customer " experience. Our products are now built for half the money and sold for twice as much as they were 12 years go. I sadly, will be leaving this summer. I simply can not pass up any more offers from companies that i feel have a better understanding of how to run and manage a professional work environment.

Advice to Management

Spend more time empowering your employees to suceed. You hired them, now let them do their jobs without having to cut so many corners. It only hurts our customers and in the end that will eventually hurt the company. Please stop wastiing your time going to fake leadership and managment seminars. They obviously dont work. Those seminars dont understand our business. Your employees do, so swallow your ego and go ask them what needs to happen. Beckman is losing customers on a daily business, we simply dont deliver what we promise anymore. The problem is known, the solution is simple. Get off your computers and try managing the company. I dare you!

Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter

1. "This was a great company to work for, but it slowly deteriorated to being only adeqate."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Brea, CA

Pros

This is a place where you can challenge yourself, where the job is rewarding and beneficial to the public.

Cons

Management frequently seemed to be at a loss for how to best accomplish their goals. Lots of going in circles as reorganization seemed to supersede actual planning.

Advice to Management

Pick a path, communicate it and work it. Don't keep changing hoping things will improve. Carefully evaluate your people so you keep the good ones and let the dead wood go.

2. "Wonderful learning place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The people you work with becomes a part of your life.

Cons

Company lacks a program that reviews potential talents of employees to reassign them to different roles. Recognizing and leveraging the right talents and giving people a chance to do something different will most likely be more productive.

Advice to Management

Recognition and fairness are important things to watch out for in management.