Beckman Coulter - Exciting Time To Join Beckman Coulter | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

"Exciting Time To Join Beckman Coulter"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chaska, MN
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chaska, MN

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Executive leadership committed to growth through innovation of new products. In our Chaska site, we are ramping up and bringing on scientists, engineers and other new members of our team to support the development of our next generation products. People are really excited about this and it's created a great energy at our site. There is an increased emphasis on personal accountability and through DBS, tools and resources to support people in creative, focused problem solving. There is just a lot of interesting and challenging work.

There are some great people here! Very bright people who want to challenge status quo, collaborate on ways to get better every day. Days fly by - never watching the clock. Always something interesting and challenging for me to do.

There is a true and genuine commitment to wellness; we have employer organized 5Ks, running and biking clubs as well as people who workout together before work, during lunch and after work.

Cons

I currently work here and gave this a 5-star rating based more on potential than current environment. Current environment is probably closer to a 4-star in some areas (people, work/life balance, commitment to wellness, potential for career growth) and even a 3 star perhaps in some areas. While not a majority, there are still too many people resistant to change - people fostering a cynical outlook who don't see challenge as opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to champion efforts in innovation and new product development. People in Chaska are stoked about getting to work on these projects, it's really excited the teams here. Continue conducting the Town Halls and informal chat sessions with associates at all levels in the organization. They appreciate your candor and are excited to hear from you.

Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter

"This company provides jobs and that is all, no opportunities or growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Decent benefits
    Pay is really competative
    Company has the best of intentions for their product

Cons

The management treat employees poorly . There is no growth opportunities here but they like to pretend opportunities exist. They have made position levels that are meaningless and they think they have fooled employees. They do not promote. The people that should be let go aren't and don't face any accountability, very political environment (who you know not what you know). Company hires unqualified people, also hire a ton of contracts without intentions of hiring them fulltime. There is no challenge to working here, all they want is for you to follow SOPS and get the work done. They want robots and not thinkers. Instead of thinking about situations they react to situations, so processes get implimented without weighing out pros and cons. Change just for the sake of change.

Advice to Management

Think through decisions before implimenting them and hire better canidates. Realize that expecting more work from employees is not the same as challenging employees.

"Beckman Coulter was an excellent company to work for but has declined due to upper management mismanagement and sale."

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working on your own in the field, like having your own small Co. Always new ever changing.

Cons

New company like a dictatorship. Talks about "Communication" with employees but the communication a lot of the time was irrelevant to persons position. Want to hear what you are doing to resolve issues on local level.

Advice to Management

Poor relationship with "Associate"'s.