Beckman Coulter - My Review of Beckman Coulter | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

"My Review of Beckman Coulter"

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work, had company car, cell phone ,laptop, expenses home office when there was down time

Cons

Hard work in the field lots of traffic and worked in the City parking was very bad sometimes work out state

Advice to Management

More rewards give back all the benefits they took away be more free with expenses in the field

Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter

"An extremely professional company/management team."

I worked at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very ethical, integrity is promoted and respected; always doing the right thing.

Cons

After the acquisition by Danaher, the genuinely caring for people subsided. It's all about business, KPIs, Bowlers and Funnels (spreadsheets illustrating next projects and financial streeeetttttcccchhh goals). Bad for work/life balance, but great for the business.

Advice to Management

A better combination of caring for people/employees with their stretch goals would go a longer way.

"Run from this place"

Current Employee - Applications Specialist
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For the most part fellow co workers are great to work with. As for the company as a place to work I honestly cannot think of a Pro

Cons

Nothing in the new product pipeline. DxN has vanished and no other new instrumentation is in that pipeline. Benifits have been slashed, morale is extremely low, mgmt has no concept and/or does not care about employee satisfaction. Unsafe vehicles provided to the field. The list goes on and on. If you are thinking about working here ask a current employee how it really is. Especially in the field. This is a company of a bad economy. They thrive on the fact that tech jobs are tough and threaten employees indirectly. When asked about the safety of front wheel drive only vehicles in snow belt areas, a very senior mgmt official actualy stated (in print) that snow only occurs in the overnight hours and not during the work day. This is the mentality that is running the show. Its all about the pennies, not even the dollars. Danaher is picking the bones of the once great Beckman Coulter. The are going to dispose of the carcaus after they have squeezed the last penny from it ..and its employees. I stay because I am older and it would be tougher for me to find a job.....I'm just what they want.

Advice to Management

Danher has bought Beckman Coulter with a goal to suck every dime from the company and to pick the bones of what remains. Then they will disgard the carcaus in bankruptcy. Therfore, there is no advice since they are doing a fine hob of reaching that goal.