Beckman Coulter - Making a difference in people's lives. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Beckman Coulter

"Making a difference in people's lives."

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Making medical devices that improve the health of patients. Working with creative people in a fast moving techncial environment that focuses on being lean.

Cons

Rapid cultural change that has come with the ownership change in 2011. The company is still coming to grips with the hard prioritization of projects it faces.

Advice to Management

Cut the ties with lower ROI projects and make the decsion to put some of those on hold and focus on getting the meaniful projects done more quickly.

Other Employee Reviews for Beckman Coulter

"Avoid this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kendall, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kendall, FL

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They are so arrogant and aloof that never notice how many employees are selling data to other competitiors

Cons

They have many inside enemies and they don't even notice.Some are even plotting against the company to sabotage their efforts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing it your way so that others can get away with it.You will not know what hit you.

"Think twice before you join this company"

Current Employee - Accounting in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Brea, CA

I have been working at Beckman Coulter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

beckman coulter uses danaher business system which is all about metrics and numbers, so this could be a pro because you can use it as a skill in your future jobs. I cant think about any other great things about this company.

Cons

After I joined this company , I realized that I made the wrong choice after working there for a week, and I knew this place is not for me. They will make you work like a slave, because they are all about numbers. My department lost so many people when we could not meet the numbers. The Manager I worke with is very rude, arrogant, and only wants to hear her side. There is very lack of training, and how can you grow in a company that is all about layoffs if they dont meet their numbers.
    There is no work or life balance in this company, and since it is owned by danaher, it will be even worse in the next few years because danaher is all about the shardholders.
    Lucky for me , I just got an offer on the table from another company, so putting my 2 week notice soon.

Advice to Management

Do not treat people like slaves, and have some respect. Well this is for the manager I work with.