Bed Bath & Beyond - Chaos! Now 20% off! | Glassdoor

"Chaos! Now 20% off!"

Current Employee - Cashier in Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Cashier in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tidy working environment
Good training
Routine tasks daily

Cons

Unclear instructions
Bad pay, weird hours
Unfriendly managers

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

1. "great work"

Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than a year)

Pros

job security is very important

Cons

not much staff to help out

Advice to Management

great

"It is not Bed Bath and Beyond but rather B.S. and Beyond"

Former Employee - Front End Lead in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Front End Lead in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pro's of where I worked were certain managers. There were only a select few who were actually nice.

Cons

The other half of management sucked. They were lazy and if other employees were not working to their fullest potential then they still would not fire them. The discount is the same, and they will go to deep depths to try and please their customers even if those customers are rude and embarrass you. I hated working there because you would deal with the same bull everyday and no matter how much the managers told you how great you were then they would still not promote you. I was told numerous times that I would be promoted to a front end manager but then nothing. It was ridiculous. I was getting paid nothing while another employee was being paid three dollars more than me and she was lazy as hell. I am just tired of their customer glorification and no the customer is NOT ALWAYS RIGHT! You are rewarding bad behavior and you should really stop. They don't want to see you prosper. If you are in college they see it as "Oh great! This kid is going to make a future for themselves! Let me tell them about how college sucks!" Oh, and again we have the same discounts as the customers... WHY?

Advice to Management

I would tell the management to listen to the needs of employees more. I don't want to be scheduled on a day where I have a final exam for History class. I don't want to be screamed at a customer while you stand by their side and accommodate them even though they do not deserve them. I do not want to be worked like a slave for eight hours and then have my lunch break repeatedly changed to the next hour. I am just tired of you guys taking advantage of the little guy and not doing anything.