Bed Bath & Beyond - A positive environment with very efficient, high quality instruction in products and services and training in service. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"A positive environment with very efficient, high quality instruction in products and services and training in service."

Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Boise, ID
Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Boise, ID

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, positive environment, high quality instruction and training, good customer service work ethic .

Cons

Can have a tendency to overwork their associates, high expectations for lower pay, out dated computer systems.

Advice to Management

Would suggest less "micromanagement" and more oppurtunities for advancement and pay raises.

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Employees are just cogs in the profit machine."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time

Pros

Easy low-wage job. You don't have to think very much, and your breaks are mandatory, so you're guaranteed to get your full lunch break every time.

Cons

The corporate structure is set up to foster an environment in which the employees are cogs in the profit machine. It was very clear that no one cared who you were--the man who trained the batch of fresh employees I was hired with didn't even bother to learn half of our names. They reprimanded us for not lying to the customers--if we didn't sing the praises of any item a customer looked at, we got taken to special re-training sessions with the higher-ups and some old training videos. This was in one of the corporate headquarter stores.

An atmosphere of distrust is cultivated in daily coat/purse checks to ensure no employee steals. Also, posters offering bonuses to employees who reported on our co-workers' bad behavior made each work day feel like a day in Orwell's 1984.

"Good place to start, not much opportunity to move up"

Current Employee - Front End Lead in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Front End Lead in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible company
    Fun environment
    Good starting pay
    Fast paced

Cons

Very hard to get full time
    Very hard to move up
    They don't promote from within
    Raises are very small
    If you have good senior managers, it can be a really fun/great place to work. But if you have lazy seniors, or your district manager is cheap, then it can be really frustrating.

Advice to Management

Promote from within more.