Bed Bath & Beyond - Management Review from 5 yr Manager who worked across the country with the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Management Review from 5 yr Manager who worked across the country with the company."

Former Employee - Senior Department Manager in Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Senior Department Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Stability & Debt Free Company

Cons

The absolute worst training programs that I have ever encountered. 50 hour weeks are the minimum. Labor modeling over the past 3 years has erroded the quality of life that previously existed for management. Low upward mobility in BB&B. The segment to work in is Buy Buy Baby (the expansion area). Annual raises 0-2.2% will be the norm. Hire on and stay at the Department Manager Level.

Advice to Management

Break the model and reinvest labor back into the locations to bolster the Customer Service Levels back to when BB&B was the leader in the field.

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Bed Bath and Beyond"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in South Florida, FL

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very organized and Customer Service focused

Cons

Managers are not respected. Glorified stock person and cashier. Store manager and District very overworked and fearful of their jobs and it trickles down.

Advice to Management

Spend a little more money and hire people.

"Waste of time & effort learning about BB&B"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned to get job details during any job interview.

Cons

The company doesn't hire an outside janitorial service to clean their public restrooms! Can you imagine being expected to clean public urinals for $8.30 an hour. I was gagging. BB&B store manager didn't mention this job duty during my interview. I found out after 3 months so she wasted my time + all the resources used to train me in all their departments. I came to learn the value of unions. What if I had been a single mother, raising children on my own, in this situation...feeling trapped into staying. Thankfully, II was able to say "sayonara" BB&B. Public bathroom cleaning??? Come on BB&B, quit this nonsense now!!!
    Also, most of the management & wannabe employees, walk around on pins & needles, terrified of looking bad to those above them. Too many petty & insecure full timers take it out on part timers too. Very uncomfortable work environment.

Advice to Management

Be totally honest about job duties during interviews.