Bed Bath & Beyond - Store & corporate level: same issues: not expanding with employees in mind: heavy turnaround: too much product | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Store & corporate level: same issues: not expanding with employees in mind: heavy turnaround: too much product"

Former Employee - Invoice Resolution Associate in Union, NJ
Former Employee - Invoice Resolution Associate in Union, NJ

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Thrilling, fast paced environment, consumer focused, sales and liberal return policy adds profit to business. Expansion done without borrowing money. Coupons! Active, hard work. Comfortable corporate cubes.

Cons

Salaried entire time with company. Better sense of teamwork at store level than in corporate environment. Sloppy planning and issue resolution that confuses and frustrates many. No bonuses, no recognition.

Advice to Management

Plan ahead, make employee part of that process, compensate and reward with bonuses.

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Either treat me with more respect or pay me better. Either one."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome co-workers (mostly associates because were more down to earth :P )

such a substantial work environment that challenges your versatility on a daily basis. physically and mentally.

opportunity to work and develop relationships with customers

... im really trying to think of pros. im honestly trying very hard. its just so difficult when youre not happy.

Cons

Pay: expect way too much knowledge and work for way too little compensation and recognition

Treatment: treated like a kid who doesn't know what they're doing. I'm so afraid to mess up on something petty because i will get my hours cut. EVERYTIME i leave linens i get asked where I'm going immediately as i step out even if im escorting a customer or using the restroom or even if i just want to look at something because were slow that day. I want to work hard and learn new things and go far with this company but I just don't feel confident after the way they treat me :(

Its true that: department managers play favorites and affect others hours.

No versatility: associates are strictly confined to one department at my store and when they decide they want to put you somewhere else just because they like to delegate orders, you better know what youre doing even though you have no experience in that department and god forbid i can get those product classes they promised me... i know nothing about the products beyond what i experience first hand from looking stupid in front of a customer. -_- ... im not sure how to even work the pager on the phones and its simple stuff like that, that will make you feel stupid and expendable...

Advice to Management

but i go into work each day with a brand new attitude and a new drive to work hard. i research my own product knowledge at home and i put my faith in the understanding of my coworkers when i mess up. i may seem like im full of complaints but im actually full of diligence. It gets exhausting but i do it with a smile because i trust that youre working hard to advance your own company :)

"many years wasted"

Pros

overall nice store carry very nice things made some good friends

Cons

they never promote from within they work you to death for low pay started 1998 645 hr 2007 close to 9.00 hr very very sad

Advice to Management

better pay makes a better worker .