Bed Bath & Beyond - Very Customer Focused! | Glassdoor

"Very Customer Focused!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Newtown, PA
Former Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Newtown, PA

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customers are great
Policies are very open to benefit customers
lots of product training

Cons

LADDERS! They are killer!
Late nights
Busy busy stores- Can be a pro

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Great Customer Service Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant in White Lake, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant in White Lake, MI

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teach you a lot with university classes. I learned great customer service skills. The people I work with are great, and everyone helps each other out with things. Management helps you learn products throughout the store to make is easier for you assist customers. Very relaxed most of the time, it does it busy but everyone helps. All around a fun and great place to work but the cons outweigh the pros.

Cons

Erratic hours, varies every week. Recently they told part timers we are not allowed to work more than 27 hours a week. Management tends to give you the run around on raises and reviews. Part timers don't get any benefits. They tend to run late on your yearly reviews which can cause you money loss if you get a raise. They expect you to do the work of three people but never treat everyone the same. One person is expected to have tasks done correctly and on time whereas they don't care if other workers don't, they expect and accept it. Which is a bit unfair to the workers who bust their butt off completing things. Ladders can be a pain, I've developed lower back problems since working there but I don't say anything because they wont schedule much. Also as a bridal consultant they require you to register couples with a certain amount of items. If you don't get what they require they get upset with you, but If you create a great registry and do what they require you still aren't given any credit. Very little room to promote since they only have little full time positions.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the employees who don't work as hard, we get upset when you already know some employees don't work as hard and are okay with it. It makes us harder workers start to not care about our job since they are paid exactly the same. Also, hire people full time instead of a bunch of part timers. Maybe then you wouldn't have such a high turn over rate. I have been here almost a year and although I like the job, I need somewhere with better hours and benefits.

"Wish I would have left sooner"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits Great pay friendly coworkers

Cons

Lack of communication. Job performance does not matter it's all about who likes you

Advice to Management

Stop promoting lazy managers and promote the ones who actually do their job.