Bed Bath & Beyond - Solid company, work management extremely hard | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Solid company, work management extremely hard"

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are good. Willing to do anything to care of customers.

Cons

Terrible bonus structure. Not enough people on the floor. Unrealistc expectations.

Advice to Management

View employees and managers as assests and not liabilities.

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"love my coworkers/some key holder"

Current Employee - Department Lead in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Department Lead in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most coworkers are great to work with. Employee incentives are great.

Cons

PAY INCREASES STINK. 1-2% which could end up being 8-12 cents. Long hours if you close. Brakes are nonexsiting unless you are scheduled over 6 hours. District staff only shows up to tell you what you are doing wrong. In my 5+ years only a very few part-timers went to full time. No one ever promoted with in the store.

Advice to Management

Show your employees that you appreciate them by giving better pay increases.

"Constantly hiring... for slave labor"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) When obtaining/submitting an application (which is still done on paper--surprisingly), a short, preliminary immediate interview is conducted between the applicant & manager on duty at the time. This is pos. because it connects an actual person to the piece of paper & expedites the overall hiring process. This is the only place I've ever worked at which conducts their hiring process in this manner.
    2) Each month a variety of different vendors/manufacturers offer employee incentives. During these rotating employee incentive periods, employees are able to purchase merchandise at cost, i.e. employees can buy Calphalon cookware sets at cost. On a side note, the average consumer would be shocked at what the mark up is on certain items.
    3) Ea. employee is able to designate a member of their household as a "designated shopper" & is able to receive the same 20% off all merchandise employee discount that employees receive & the employee is not required to be present when the designated shopper uses this benefit.
    4) Every Fall, there is an employee & family shopping event where the employee & the aforementioned designated shopper receive a 1 time use coupon for a day of 30% (vs. the std. 20%) off all merchandise both in store & online.

Cons

As the title implies, the employees are treated like slaves. I could go on about how the company is operated in a corrupt manner & various other distasteful aspects, but it would border the ranting prohibited by the community guidelines. I will hold my tongue for now, more than likely to return later & edit my statements.