Bed Bath & Beyond - Customer Service | Glassdoor

"Customer Service"

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time

Pros

This company is amazing they provide great opportunity to grow.

Cons

There are no cons for this company.

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"This job is unbelievably frustrating"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can be a fun job if you don't have jerks as managers (rare). Discount is nice but should be more, customers can technically easily have enough coupons to have the same as our discount.

Cons

Low pay, bad schedules, physical work, low pay again, demeaning managers, rude corporate staff,

Advice to Management

Treat your associates better. Managers always delegate their managerial work to their associates who only get paid $8/hour, who are busy trying to do their own department duties/cashier, but managers expect them to get things done that just are not in their job description. Managers need to stop standing around and talking amongst themselves all the time and maybe they would be able to get their work done instead of having the poor pee-on associates do their dirty work. Corporate/district managers are consistently rude, only talk to managers and don't interact with associates. Are associates not good enough/smart enough to be privileged to talk to corporate staff? I would respect all managers a lot more if respect was given back but unfortunately its not. They will continue to "train" you to be capable of more things (more things they can push off on you) but will only give you an 8 cent raise for more "responsibility." If you are thinking of working here, think again. The company focuses more on the customer which is great as a business but when your customers are treated better than your associates there is a problem. I was asked to take on a "lead position"-more work, more responsibility, being in charge of 3-4 people...but no extra pay. I have worked at 2 locations in 2 different states and unfortunately my experience was not just a bad store, I have found these problems are company wide.

"Enjoyable yet intense work."

Current Employee - Department Manager
    Current Employee - Department Manager

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great training -- Product knowledge is key and in most stores I find that the employees either know, or in the process of taking classes to be in the know.
    -Great Atmosphere -- It can be stressful, managers and sales associates alike, but I think we try our best to establish a fun work setting.
    -Unique to other retailers -- Anyone at any time, who's trained, can be given any task to do. If it's a manager top stocking freight, or a sales associate doing a rotation.

Cons

-Managers coming from the outside in sometimes have the hardest time adjusting to the work. Most managers will need to perform with ladders and heavy freight. If you're at a smaller volume store there are times where you might not have anyone on your side to manage.
    -Managers might come across as distant because of the sheer amount of work we're asked to do that doesn't always fit into the 48 hours.

Advice to Management

The sales associates want to be managed. Nothing is worse than having someone come in and not know what to do. It helps build morale and make the associates feel like they've added something to the store.