Bed Bath & Beyond - Working or rather slave trading for 1 1/2 years! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Working or rather slave trading for 1 1/2 years!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Huntington, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Huntington, NY

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most other associates are great to work with! Some of the lower level managers are great too! I liked it here when I started, but then common sense took over and I realized that I was no one, just a face being asked to do unrealistic amounts of work!

Cons

Upper management, to be exact, district managers are jerks and don't understand how to speak to people!

Advice to Management

The Huntington, NY store is used as a training store for management to move on! For the most part that's good, because these "trainees" can be real jerks! They come here hoping to make themselves look good to upper management and treat other associates as their whipping boys! They become snitches running to management for every little thing!

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Fight for Yourself"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (More than a year)

Pros

20% discount off everything. Most customers were respectable. I made it fun to work there.

Cons

My location had some of the rudest cashiers. I think they worked there because they lacked formal education and had no choice. Lifting merchandise was difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Simply care about your employees.

"Empty Promises"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good working hours never over 45 hours a week if you choose, Good pay if you are an external hire. The absolute best health benefits around.

Cons

Please see title. Little if no chance of promotion if you are in a small market with no other stores with in 30 miles. High expectations with very lean payroll module. Changed districts 3 times in four years and every district wanted something different. No consistency through out the company,

Advice to Management

Listen to your PT and FT associates when they have concerns and call in to complain. Let your store managers run their business and if they cant promote or hire someone that can.