Bed Bath & Beyond - 10 reasons not to join this company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"10 reasons not to join this company"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will work hard and stay late, great if your overweight and don't like to sleep

Cons

10 Reasons not to like this company:

10. Never enough staff to help customer on the sales floor and at the registers. You will get crap from someone for either not having enough cahiers or not having enough employees on the sales floor.
 9. Outdated computer systems that are not user friendly.
 8. Big profits for company / no bonus/stock plan for any employee/managers
 7. Hypocrisy in the District/Regional Staff. They make up rules and say it is "company policy" but your the only district that has to do it, they rely on no one questioning it.
 6. Stores are Filthy. Minimal cleaning habits
 5. Training programs barely exist. There is a manual but the program really is useless in everyday practice and your expected to be fully trained the first day
 4. No real way to manage the freight. You will become accustomed to climbing ladders for at least half your shift. They have a max carton you should receive and be able to put away but it is just a number because you have to stay until your done. Like 1-2am sometimes.
 3. Raises suck- get yours on the way in because your not getting anymore.
 2. Role plays. If you like being talked down to and treated like your in a school play you may like doing role plays but I haven't met an employee who didn't cringe at the words role play.
 1. If your a manager and your sick, your screwed, you gotta work because there is nobody else to cover your shift

Advice to Management

You need to share the wealth. Let the employees have a chance to purchase stock or provide some kind of bonus program for managers/employees so they may want to stay or be invested somehow

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Here at BBB"

Pros

Great customer service for customers

Cons

Not enough hours, no tuiton reimbursement, hard to become full-time (takes years)

Advice to Management

Better benefits for employees

"Great training and development, but no life outside of work"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great training program, learn to multi-task, great service is taught.

Cons

I was an assistant manager for many years. This company is high pressure and stress. We were scheduled 10 hour days but usually worked 11 or 12.During the holidays and back to college we worked 50 to 60 hour weeks just to keep up. The Company expects salaried management to work as many hours needed to get it done, we were made to come in on off days and holidays to work. After putting in a 70 hour week during inventory because the store manger said we had to or our jobs were on the line with the district staff, I found another job.

Advice to Management

District staff needs to talk to all members of management when visiting and be more motivating instead of negative. Don't teach the fear tactic to run a business. Try to promote a healthy work/home balance, and make sure the store manger sticks to it with all his/her staff.