Bed Bath & Beyond - Title\Position Changed so many times, hard to tell... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"Title\Position Changed so many times, hard to tell..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Pros

You get to leave to a better position elsewhere!

Cons

As a previous individual stated "Be careful about taking a job in the corp. office! The position I took paid well, but the management and culture were horrific!! Management treats their people very poorly and turnover is high in many departments. If you look on their website there are always TONS of jobs available. Wondering why? Because Bed Bath does not value their people....Just like anything, if you think something is too good to be true, it probably is....It was easy to get hired at a good salary, putting up with the bosses and culture you have to work in...not so easy." To add, the management are clueless, you have one that during an interview, will rudely interrupt you without reason. I have no idea how this person got the position, oh wait, he worked at the same company as the greasy man above him! Cronyism is alive and well here. You have people slogging through the wrong technology attempting to do something that is relatively simple and they are adamant about it. There is a high attrition rate, and I have no doubt why. The culture is atrocious and you are peppered with ridiculous rules and management does NOT value your skills, they like to act like blowhards and pompous buffoons. I suppose this is the part in which they excel. If you have extensive experience, they will trounce you in order to make themselves feel better. They also poorly use SCRUM methodologies. I never seen groups that speak about parts of projects that have nothing to do with one another. I can attest, that the negatives that others state are only the tip of the iceberg. Your position would be in flux, you might as well call yourself a CEO since your title and position would not reflect properly what you do. I hold the CEO accountable, because the culture reflects upon him. If I were him, I would purge management and start over. A very dissatisfying company! Go elsewhere, there are many companies out there and particularly within IT that are a thousand times better. You have been warned.

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

"At times difficult to do a decent job."

Current Employee - Front End Supervisor
    Current Employee - Front End Supervisor

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the employees are decent folks trying to do a good job. Store management will generally do what they can with what they have. Schedules are flexible within reason. People will work with you to do an OK job to the best of their ability. On-site staff open to feedback.

Cons

Consistent problems with not having enough hours to properly staff the store. Everyone on site does what they can, but often there are shortages from higher up. I regret allowing the company to promote me with the promise of compensation in the future - it never came. Often times beneficial changes cannot be made because upper management has no concept of day to day operations.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the resources they need, whether it be more hours, more room for appropriate raises, more staff, whatever - it will affect their performances.

"fair, far from perfect. They eliminated all promotional jobs and raises are so small and once a year. Hard work"

Current Employee - Associate in Pendergrass, GA
    Current Employee - Associate in Pendergrass, GA

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

its a dependable paying job for full time status

Cons

hard on the body, lifting over 50 lbs items up to 120 lbs at times, expected to do lots of work and lots of physical drain for little pay that is low.

Advice to Management

higher pay or better raises per year that not only reflect for economical times but for working as hard as we do and the expectations we fulfill, bring back promotional jobs that inspire job Growth and desire to work harder and more and not look elsewhere