Bed Bath & Beyond - Sales Associate | Glassdoor

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have flexible Hours, clean working environment, and friendly customers.

Cons

Lower level managers were catty, at times. They would give false reports to the manager making some employees under them look badly, intentionally not reporting call-ins and saying they informed us of things which they did not.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes and ears open to staff, and take into account that some staff members might be dishonest and it can hinder a positive working environment. It's fine for an assistant manger to not like you personally, but when you are a good worker, it is not good to business to attack someone for personal reasons when it is not job related.

Other Employee Reviews for Bed Bath & Beyond

1. "Softlines: Easy job, but lack of training"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Never had to do anything disgusting, very simple job, employee discount is nice. Majority of the time is straightening items on shelves and restocking shelves.

Cons

I was hired during the Winter season and never received full training on either cash registers or my department side. The company has what they call,"University Lessons" which are lessons in each room (Ex: Kitchen Basics, Towels, Storage, Bath Hardware, etc. ) Also my hours decreased (from about 16 hours per week to six hours per week) after the store hired three more employees who they trained on cash register and more. I have been working there for about four to six months, still have not received training on the registers and only had one lesson for my side of the store and one lesson on hardlines. Throughout the months of working I have noticed managers allow certain favorite employees to take more breaks than other employees, several managers remain at their desks in the office area and are playing on their phones or texting when we are super busy and calling MODs (manager on duty) all day long.

Advice to Management

Fully train employees before putting them out on the floor. By the 90 day mark employees should be cashier trained and able to work the floor accurately and with certainty of the entire store.

"Would never recommend to anyone"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

compensation, training, benefits, products, ordering your own merchandise

Cons

favouritism, long hours, physically demanding, all about who you know, rules only apply to some

Advice to Management

take a close look at your District managers