Behavioral Healthcare - Great working evironment | Glassdoor

"Great working evironment"

I have been working at Behavioral Healthcare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working environment at BHI is great. Caring managers and executive team. Passionate employees about the companies mission. Benefits are awesome. Benefits for part-time employees. Generous PTO program. Paid medical, dental, life insurance, and long-term care insurance.

Cons

Similar to other non-profit companies, Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. pay is lower than the local market. To compensate, the company offers excellent benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for Behavioral Healthcare

1. "Good Company, Needs a Little Work"

Pros

Great benefits, good CEO, company truly cares about its members (Medicaid recipients), great staff

Cons

Lower pay than some other nonprofits, lots of turnover lately

Behavioral Healthcare Response

Jun 11, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the four-star review! BHI certainly endeavors to be a great place work. BHI has undergone a transformation over the past couple of years to meet change in the industry and significant ... More

"Progressive Company that Cares about their Employees"

Current Employee - Peer Bridger in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Peer Bridger in Denver, CO

I have been working at Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that puts an emphasis on career growth and implementing new ideas. I have never worked for a company that walks the walk like BHI. They promote self-care, customer service and operational efficiency. One of the things I like best about BHI is they reinvest in their employees through trainings (you will grow here). They have managed to create a culture of support second to none. The CEO met with me one on one just to get to know me. Every level of management has a open door policy. The focus is on the team working together to achieve a common goal of success for our members. I heard a statistic one time that 80% of the American workers are unhappy with their job. I am happy to be counted in the 20% that have a passion for what they do. Joining the BHI team is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that sometimes you find yourself in uncharted territories. You have to be willing to forge new and different ways of doing things. This means stepping outside of your comfort zone at times. Having been micro-managed in the past, this took some adjustment on my part.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to grow the company and provide the amazing opportunities that will make the company greater than it already is. My biggest advice is to keep the company culture as the company grows. As healthcare changes adapt and adjust in a way that keeps people wanting to go above and beyond in a way that contributes to the overall success at BHI.