Behringer - Corporate | Glassdoor

"Corporate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Pros

Great benefits - as far as I know, all of the employees in the United States receive free health insurance.

Cons

An overly corporate cubicle farm trying to disguise itself as a hip company. Located in an office park, so if you don't like that mentality, stay far, far away. Terrible communication obfuscated by an ineffective e-mail policy that fails when it crosses country borders. Everything is outsourced. Product quality is awful.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the ineffective e-mail policy. Take some pride and increase the price point of the products to increase their quality.

Other Employee Reviews for Behringer

"I bought the ticket, I took the ride."

I worked at Behringer full-time

Pros

With only a couple exceptions, everyone in the Bothell office was great too work with. PTO and Benefits package were generous.

Cons

Pay was well below average, I made about $15k a year less than the median salary for my position. Location was also terrible--I had to commute out to office-park hell in the middle of nowhere.

A lot has been said about the CEO and Senior Management. Most of it is on the mark. It is a company that is perpetually in transition. Most plans and strategies aren't given a fair chance to play out before Senior Management is urged to change the direction, usually at the prodding of CEO. It's a scatterbrained, chaotic approach--one that hasn't paid off considering the turnover, low morale, and the rumored closure of more than one office.

Terms like "Knee-jerk" and "anal-retentive" are in no way an exaggeration and are fairly generous compared to what get thrown around in the office when nobody was listening.

People who show initiative get canned the fastest, due to non-conformity with Uli's "vision." Best to keep your head down and quietly get your work done--or as much as you can considering molasses-slow approvals and critical systems (phone, email, etc) being down more often than not.

I think the team could have gotten a lot done and made the company a boatload of money had Uli, et al stayed out of the way and let us actually do our work.

Quite often I expected the lights to be turned off and the locks changed when I showed up on Monday morning.

Advice to Management

Honestly, Uli... It's time to sell the company.

Your vision for the company is so rigid that you will never find people who match up with your ideas unless you're willing to compromise. As long as you keep your iron grip tight, what happened in the Bothell and UK offices will keep repeating over and over again.

You say you micro-manage because nobody gets the work done right. Nobody will ever get the work done to your standard of "right" until you clone yourself Multiplicity-style.

In the short term, if you want to improve employee morale: treat your employees better.
    Want to solve the turnover problem? Stop %#€£ing firing everybody.

Since that is unlikely to happen, though: Cash in while you can, while there is still a business to sell. With all that extra time you'll finally be able to catch up on your sleep, and there will be plenty of time to play jazz piano.

"Fear is a weapon..."

Pros

I absolutely made some of the best friends ever!!!.. Above and beyond the daily crap, there was always a laugh, locally, only because we were all in the same sinking boat!!!

Cons

Too much control, not enough understanding of business practice's. Counting on your "trusted" people to give you an answer that they have ABSOLUTELY no clue about. The worst is when you are told the truth, you do whatever you have to do to destroy that person's life.... I live by Karma and I know your's is coming...

Advice to Management

Shut the door!!!