Belden - When Belden comes in and speaks to you about being part of their "family", I say, RUN LIKE EVERYTHING!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Belden

"When Belden comes in and speaks to you about being part of their "family", I say, RUN LIKE EVERYTHING!!"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Apple Creek, OH
Former Employee - Maintenance in Apple Creek, OH

Pros

Get a check while you look for another job that will be there when Belden doesn't want you anymore and closes down your plant.

Cons

after giving us all a big speech about what a "family" company they were and how long people had worked at their company, they emptied our plant within 2 years; sending the equipment out and everyone who had worked at that plant for years onto the streets. We were a competent and competitive plant; they only bought us as an acquisition. They immediately sold off our corporate plant in Illinois, then our plant in Ohio within 2 years. We had to go to Mexico and train the people who were taking our jobs!! because WE were the qualified personnel. How does that stack up to "family"???

Advice to Management

Put yourself in our shoes, even though you think we are just little, worthless pieces on your chessboard.

Other Employee Reviews for Belden

"Be careful"

Pros

Good staff who work hard

Cons

Arrogant sr mgt and too
    much uncertainty

Advice to Management

Evaluate mgt on their leadership

2. "Lean director"

Former Employee - Regional Director, Lean Enterprise in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at Belden full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have the freedom to do what is best. Good strategy deployment process. Generous benefits. Flexible. Monthly meal allowance. Annual trip.

Cons

Poor leaders. Make decisions for own benefits. HR is weak. No personnel development. No training. Poor execution of policy. Managed by exception. Favorism.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Don't fool yourself.