Belden - very positive and supportive atmosphere | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Belden

"very positive and supportive atmosphere"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

people and respect of management

Cons

benefits need to improve-vacation and expense allowance.

Advice to Management

no advice needed

Other Employee Reviews for Belden

"Belden Management: Disrespectful of employees."

Pros

There aren't many good, much less best reasons to work for Belden. A good reason would be decent wages and benefits. If you can tolerate inept management.

Cons

I have absolutely no respect for Belden and their division management teams. For all the questionnaires and surveys the employees are forced into participating, management still doesn't have a clue. Part of the problem is that most employees that are left are afraid to answer the questions honestly in fear of losing their jobs.
    I find it appalling that management would lower a ranking (evaluation) given by an immediate supervisor and doing so without asking his opinion. To say nothing of a manager listening to the accusations of a co-worker trying as usual to make herself look good. In all my years there, I've never had an unsatisfactory evaluation. But, after 20+ years of employment, I was discharged for poor work performance. I'm extremely disappointed with the Corporate Office for allowing underhanded schemes like this to go on in their divisions. Yes, Corporate management is aware of this situation and chose to do nothing.
    I guess I should be grateful that the local management "team" waited until I finished my chemo treatments before letting me go.

Advice to Management

Hire people that have experience in actually running a wire manufacturing business. Excessive meetings do not solve problems that exist within the company nor do they it sell wire.

"Belden needs to practice their value statements"

Pros

Focus on Lean Management and improving efficiencies

Cons

They don't walk the talk regarding their Belden values
    They don't show appreciation to their employees often enough
    They need to get the people piece right and be consistent with open, honest dialogue

Advice to Management

Be more respectful of your people and show appreciation for their contributions. Make certain your actions are consistent with your cultural values and that they are not posters on the wall of the office.